News Censorship?

Xangsamhua

Was this reported anywhere?

PAD member's father killed in Chiang Mai clash

CHIANG MAI, Nov 26 (TNA) - A group of government supporters attacked and killed the father of a member of the anti government People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) in the northern province of Chiang Mai late Wednesday.

PAD members in a pick-up truck were trying to drive through a line of government supporters calling themselves “We Love Chiang Mai 51”, who had blocked the road at the entrance to the house of Terdsak Jiamkitwattana, a leading member of the PAD.

Terdsak’s 60-year-old father Settha was attacked and killed, while two other people were also injured in the incident.

The police were unable to intervene in the clash between the two rival groups, which involved the firing of slingshots, guns and powerful fire crackers.

Later, soldiers rushed to the scene and helped take the injured to hospital before the group of government supporters fled the scene.(TNA)

I couldn't find it in the Nation, Bangkok Post or BBC sites.

Was this reported anywhere?

PAD member's father killed in Chiang Mai clash

CHIANG MAI, Nov 26 (TNA) - A group of government supporters attacked and killed the father of a member of the anti government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) in the northern province of Chiang Mai late Wednesday.

PAD members in a pick-up truck were trying to drive through a line of government supporters calling themselves "We Love Chiang Mai 51", who had blocked the road at the entrance to the house of Terdsak Jiamkitwattana, a leading member of the PAD.

Terdsak's 60-year-old father Settha was attacked and killed, while two other people were also injured in the incident.

The police were unable to intervene in the clash between the two rival groups, which involved the firing of slingshots, guns and powerful fire crackers.

Later, soldiers rushed to the scene and helped take the injured to hospital before the group of government supporters fled the scene.(TNA)

I couldn't find it in the Nation, Bangkok Post or BBC sites.

Apparently the police did nothing, and CNN were at the scene but there's ben no report from them.

What's going on? Is Redshirt violence all OK now?

For the international press I guess it is a question of where the most people die, Thailand is not so important now... The incident in Mumbai is far better news and so they forget about us over here...

I hope that the injured will recover soon and best wishes to the families of the deceaced... RIP!

If you look at the Chiang Mai thread on the news clippings forum, you will see a number of media reports, including the CNN one.

Thanks for this, Colonel.

I wonder if CNN corrected their misreporting (that the killing was done by PAD).