Train To Bangkok Or Bus

seville

I don't mean to sound funny but nobody flies in to Pattaya. All planes normally arrive at the BKK International airport. With the PAD protests for the last few days closing down the two major airports in the Bangkok area God only knows where your flight may land and when if on time at all.

Good luck on how you get from the arrival point to Bangkok.

I don't mean to sound funny but nobody flies in to Pattaya. All planes normally arrive at the BKK International airport. With the PAD protests for the last few days closing down the two major airports in the Bangkok area God only knows where your flight may land and when if on time at all.

Good luck on how you get from the arrival point to Bangkok.

I heard that the military was opening up one of their Air bases near Pattaya

Just re-read your post and noticed you were looking for a bus from the Utapao airport to Bangkok.. Im unaware of any busses leaving there, or a train..

Sorry but where in the OP's original post does it say anything about Utapao? He says Pattaya and a bus or train to Bangkok.

Hi all,

I'm flying into Pattaya around 4:00. Can I just jump on a bus to Bangkok from the airport or train. Taxi to Hua Lumphong? What do you think the price.

I'm just dam_n lucky I'm getting there at all I guess.

Yes, they are using Utapao as an alternate airfield to arrive and depart some flights. Yes Utapao has been in operation for 40 years and just yesterday the Pattaya mail published an article saying it is decided to expand the Utapao flight operations and rename the airport. I expect we will see more on this because of the current situation.

I'm sure the business minded Thais trying to make a buck already have lined up mini-vans and busses and other modes of travel close to the existing terminal to take arriving passengers to their destination. If its Pattaya only a short ride but if its Bangkok it is a lengthy 3 hour trip by car. There is no government bus service yet and the closest train is Plutuluang near the airport but not with a viable schedule.

longball53098 - mini vans and hire cars have been at Utapao for all incoming flights - Bangkok Airways flights from/to Samui and Phuket plus charter flights have long been using Utapao - in actual fact Orient Thai started flights to/from Chiang Mai from there but at that time not viable.

Why 3 hrs to Bangkok? Taking the scenic route are we?

Just re-read your post and noticed you were looking for a bus from the Utapao airport to Bangkok.. Im unaware of any busses leaving there, or a train..

Sorry but where in the OP's original post does it say anything about Utapao? He says Pattaya and a bus or train to Bangkok.

Sorry but the OP said she is flying in to Pattaya.

There is no airport in Pattaya. So which airport do you think she is flying to? Chiang Mai? Hat yai? NO. Obviously Utapao :o