Should Pm Somchai Step Down?

Jingthing

Should PM Somchai step down?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure the PAD would back off even if he did step down. Besides it seems like Thaksin is all too happy to step back in in his place, which would make things much worse.

Edited by girlx

Do you think he's competent to run the country? There's your answer.

He is, and he's a decent man, but without being able to pull the levers of power like the army and the police, he is effectively powerless and isolated, and, regrettably, I think he must now go. Then the army must clear the airport, arrest Sondhi and the other leader of that rabble and put them on trial for the crimes they have committed against Thailand, which are worse than anything Thaksin did (economically speaking, not drug dealer murders).

Edited by APMann

I don't support the means the PAD have gone to to make their point but what I have gotten out of this is that

What the PM has done wrong is what he has not done right. He doesn't wield the authority to command the police and military. He has been shown powerless during a national crisis. He is weak and someone more powerful and respected needs to replace him.

Edited by wasabi

He is, and he's a decent man, but without being able to pull the levers of power like the army and the police, he is effectively powerless and isolated, and, regrettably, I think he must now go. Then the army must clear the airport, arrest Sondhi and the other leader of that rabble and put them on trial for the crimes they have committed against Thailand, which are worse than anything Thaksin did (economically speaking, not drug dealer murders).

If somchai goes, the PAD goes home.

As long as I know there is no arrest warrent (how to spell that??) out for Sondhi. So you can't arrest him.

What the PM has done wrong is what he has not done right. He doesn't wield the authority to command the police and military. He has been shown powerless during a national crisis. He is weak and someone more powerful and respected needs to replace him.

He has done nothing wrong, but he can not force the PAD and their supporters to obey him.

Catch 22! :o

As long as I know there is no arrest warrent (how to spell that??) out for Sondhi. So you can't arrest him.

There will be when this crisis is over - or there would be in a sane world - at the very least, consipiracy to commit sedition, treason, riot and criminal damage, to name but a few charges which may follow.

Competency is not the issue. He is the leader of a country facing an insurgency, but has no effective control of the military. A military that is independent from the executive branch of government is a joke.

He is, and he's a decent man

A decent man would have never accepted the post. He's closely related to a man who has divided the country and who now happens to be a criminal on the run. It was obvious from the offset that having another Shin family member leading the country was going to take us down an ugly path - he knew that, we all knew that. He never took the post to help the nation, he took the post to try and help his brother-in-law. What decent man does something so small-minded and selfish?

May I suggest a stroll through cyberspace?

Police issued arrest warrants for Sondhi Limthongkul and 8 other protest leaders on charges of insurrection, conspiracy, unlawful assembly and refusing orders to disperse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sondhi_Limthongkul

There will be when this crisis is over - or there would be in a sane world - at the very least, consipiracy to commit sedition, treason, riot and criminal damage, to name but a few charges which may follow.

Depends who wins...

It's looking more and more like Thaksin is the only one who can straighten Thailand out. These animals at the airport are mindlessly following leaders who have lost their minds.

And that is the utter irony of the PAD insurrection. There is no other leader in the country who can hold it together, and people will begin wistfully airbrushing Thaksin's memory.

Without a cataclysmic event here, neither side can achieve a foothold. A military coup, new elections changing the constitution. All these possibilities will lead to more civil disorder.

A decent man would have never accepted the post.

Huh?

"Post" - not the stuff you get through your door - a position of work, and in this case, Prime Ministership.

P.S. If you can spell cataclysmic, can't see why you'd struggle understanding "Post"!

Edited by rixalex

I don't think he should have to.

But, I think he might have to.

If you catch my drift.

Did he do anything wrong? :o
Not sure the PAD would back off even if he did step down. Besides it seems like Thaksin is all too happy to step back in in his place, which would make things much worse.
Did he do anything wrong? :D

No. Guilty by association.

But lets face it. They got him by the balls.

I don't support the means the PAD have gone to to make their point but what I have gotten out of this is that

If he steps down the terrorists win!

This The Most Sensible Thead I've seen gathered in a long while!(Did'nt bother to include quotes from the "Sensless Minority"!

Thank Bhudda There are minds like Yous!!PEACE!

post-64091-1227944395_thumb.jpg

Exactly!

Wrong, those with adequate education and business acumen wins, not the riff raff who are endemically stupid, together with their farang sympathisers obviously

oh that's right, a democracy is only for the elite. thanks for reminding me, i completely forgot. people with less education and less money have no right in politics, including voting for a candidate. right???

so if Somchai steps down then those brilliant educated thais with money will have won after damaging the entire countries economy and reputation. but that's ok because they are the good guys, right?

Edited by mrt273nva

A decent man would have never accepted the post.

Huh?

"Post" - not the stuff you get through your door - a position of work, and in this case, Prime Ministership.

P.S. If you can spell cataclysmic, can't see why you'd struggle understanding "Post"!

Your misread of my intent is indeed convenient ..

Perhaps you can also respond to the catchword "decent"? That would seem to indicate that any person accepting the "post" in question cannot be decent.

P.S. I didn't use "cataclysmic" in a "post" today. :o

Edited by sbk
no flaming!--sbk

Exactly!

Wrong, those with adequate education and business acumen wins, not the riff raff who are endemically stupid, together with their farang sympathisers obviously

Unbelievably arrogant and racist.

Bring on the ARYA party in the next elections - no voters permitted north of Korat (unless they have a degree). <deleted>, goodbye democracy.

Even an uneducated vote is better than no vote at all.