100,000 Passengers Miss Flights In 3 Days

george

DISCLAIMER - This post is a bit tongue in cheek............but only a bit.

100,000 foreigners trapped in Thailand. It must be true because the BBC says so. How many PAD in Suvarnabhumi? Nothing like 100,000. The numbers are on our side. Why don't we get organised and go to throw them out ourselves?

My stranded visitors have also suggested that.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the TAT are being very generous, I could cope on 2,000 Bht a day no problem. Of course that is just living, as sleeping and food goes, not entertainment. The big problem I see is how to get the money? I am not sure tat I understand correctly.

If I have an accommodation under 2,000 Bht a day I can stay there? How do I get the money to pay for food?

Anyone who is using this offer from TAT or anyone with inside information, please let me know.

I spent most of yesterday trying to call TAT but the lines were always busy

Most airlines are offering a full refund, if you wish. Air asia is not.

I am booked on "Air Asia" today. The flight is of course cancelled. I asked for a refund. NO. I can have a rebooking when the airport is reopened or a credit to be used within 3 months. Guess that's the forfeit of using cheap airlines.

I heard the TAT (or someone similar is paying out 2,000 Bht a day to stranded tourists. Who has more information and how do yo clam?

btw. Thai airlines are giving hotel accommodation to all their first class and business class passengers, others have to pay their own way.

I bough AirAsia KUL-BKK rtn. My flight was cancelled. Call them up last Friday, they offer to rebook me. I say NO. Went off to consult boss and returned after 2 mins. AirAsia agreed to refund me in full back to my credit card. However he said that it will take a month before the money will appear back onto by credit card account.

I suggest you call them again, and insist on a full refund.