Motorbike Rental In Bkk

MART

I would like to rent a small motorbike (auto or semi: Wave, Nouvo, Fino, etc.) in BKK.

Does anyone know of a shop which offers this service? Been searching the forum and looking around in my area with no results.

Thx in advance.

I would like to rent a small motorbike (auto or semi: Wave, Nouvo, Fino, etc.) in BKK.

Does anyone know of a shop which offers this service? Been searching the forum and looking around in my area with no results.

Thx in advance.

Kow San RD. will have numerous shops.

Thx in advance.

Could you elaborate a bit please? Been there many times over the years, never seen any. Probably not directly on Khao San, right?

Thx in advance.

Could you elaborate a bit please? Been there many times over the years, never seen any. Probably not directly on Khao San, right?

Have a walk around and ask. Real easy.

There are no motorbike shops on kao san road.

The motorbike shops nearby do not rent.

I have been to Kao San many, many times (with GirlX and Thi Thi even) and I have never seen a motorbike shop there. I do not think that there are any rentals there. Maybe in the places that arrange tours, but still don't think they do.

Khao San maybe as a plan B then.

Nobody seems to have a precise address to give. Not a single shop offering this service in such a big city? There has to be one somewhere!

I was in the same boat about a year ago. I was looking for a motorbike rental and googled it. There were like 3 or 4 shops I found in the BKK area from the internet, but I never managed to go to any of them (not exactly close to me). I ended up buying my own bike. Think it is easier and cheaper. Definately easier to rent in Pattaya/Phuket big touristy areas. BKK, I don't think there is much of a demand.

Nobody seems to have a precise address to give. Not a single shop offering this service in such a big city? There has to be one somewhere!

I was in the same boat about a year ago. I was looking for a motorbike rental and googled it. There were like 3 or 4 shops I found in the BKK area from the internet, but I never managed to go to any of them (not exactly close to me). I ended up buying my own bike. Think it is easier and cheaper. Definately easier to rent in Pattaya/Phuket big touristy areas. BKK, I don't think there is much of a demand.

Found a few adresses too through the Yellow Pages. Gave two of these shops a try, both didn't even exist...

Found a few adresses too through the Yellow Pages. Gave two of these shops a try, both didn't even exist...

Yeah, that's what I ran into too. :o I just can't see how many tourists would want to rent bikes in BKK. Pattaya, Phuket, that I can see. Small enough to get around. But in BKK even if you find a bike, most people don't know how to go since the place is a confusing mess. Much easier to get a taxi or skytrain.

P.S. why would you want to rent a bike in BKK anyways? If you live there, you would probably just buy one. If you are visiting, there is no way you would be able to know your way around, and frankly BKK is the most dangerous place I have ever ridden a motorcycle. Like I've been riding for years, and still it scares the hel_l out of me sometimes.

Edited by submaniac

P.S. why would you want to rent a bike in BKK anyways? If you live there, you would probably just buy one. If you are visiting, there is no way you would be able to know your way around, and frankly BKK is the most dangerous place I have ever ridden a motorcycle. Like I've been riding for years, and still it scares the hel_l out of me sometimes.

Well because the process of buying one seems to be a big (possibly expensive) hassle. A new one is a bit expensive and I don't know enough about regulations (registration, insurance, etc.) and mechanics to buy a used one... Renting is just easy, u don't need to care about maintenance, insurance, etc. That's what one pays for when one rents.

Well because the process of buying one seems to be a big (possibly expensive) hassle. A new one is a bit expensive and I don't know enough about regulations (registration, insurance, etc.) and mechanics to buy a used one... Renting is just easy, u don't need to care about maintenance, insurance, etc. That's what one pays for when one rents.

Buying a bike is not that bad, really. When I was shopping for a bike, many of the dealers (and it is easier buying from a dealer because they take care of your paperwork) had bikes starting in the $300 USD range. Unfortunately I could never bring myself to ride a scooter. Never ever. Renting in Thailand seems more of a disaster. My friend rented a bike monthly rather than buying. But the bike was obviously rebuilt from an accident and never really ran properly (like bikes shouldn't stall when you come to a stop). And let's not forget about the horror stories about getting a scratch on the bike and the shop owner demanding 60,000 baht or whatnot.

Keep in mind I am a big proponent of motorcycles, but BKK is almost more hassle than its worth. I can get places so much faster on the skytrain than even on my bike. Taxis and Tuk Tuks are cheap too. If I did not already know how to ride fairly proficiently, I would not even mess with it in BKK. Do you have much motorcycling experience?

Buying a bike is not that bad, really. When I was shopping for a bike, many of the dealers (and it is easier buying from a dealer because they take care of your paperwork) had bikes starting in the $300 USD range. Unfortunately I could never bring myself to ride a scooter. Never ever. Renting in Thailand seems more of a disaster. My friend rented a bike monthly rather than buying. But the bike was obviously rebuilt from an accident and never really ran properly (like bikes shouldn't stall when you come to a stop). And let's not forget about the horror stories about getting a scratch on the bike and the shop owner demanding 60,000 baht or whatnot.

Keep in mind I am a big proponent of motorcycles, but BKK is almost more hassle than its worth. I can get places so much faster on the skytrain than even on my bike. Taxis and Tuk Tuks are cheap too. If I did not already know how to ride fairly proficiently, I would not even mess with it in BKK. Do you have much motorcycling experience?

I am quite used to riding motorcycles yes. I know it's quick and relatively cheap to get around with BTS, MRT, taxis and motosais but it is the autonomy I want. The possibility to explore the city at my pace and on my own. Taxis, BTS and MRT are fine to get from one point to another, not to discover the city.

Been looking for dealers who sell used bikes but haven't found any yet. Would you mind recommending me some? Or just telling me where I can find them? A soi/area with many of them?

There are a bunch of them on Jaransanitwong road. Just go up and down it, and stop by all the bike dealers. Even if they sell new bikes, they usually have some used bikes from tradeins. There are also a bunch of places surrounding central plingkao. I don't know what part off BKK you are at, so I don't know if it is close to you.