Bkk -> Manila On 8th December?

nemo38

I have a flight to BKK with Thai Airways on 7th December. If the flight goes ahead what do you think my chances are of getting a Cebu Pacific flight from BKK to Manila same day (actually just past midnight hence on the 8th December) ?

I know people who are stranded are being rebooked onto later flights. Is that starting to fill up low cost carriers? I can't get a ticket for Cebu Pacific because they always have a problem with international credit cards. I could get a friend to buy me a ticket from the Philippines but now I'm not even sure of making it to Thailand that could be lost money.

Of course all this is moot if the airport is closed on 7th/8th December by the People's Alliance for Dummies.

I'm just now trying to get a flight to Manila via Hong Kong. If Thai cancel my flight to BKK I'll happily switch. But if I cancel my flight Thai will burn me for $120.

One of my friends, who spend most of his time working in BKK, wanted to put me into contact with a Philippino girl working for Thai airways out of BKK. I told him to forget it as I'd be holidaying in the Philippines where girls are issued at the airport. Doh! Luckily my friend is still unable to fly to Thailand so I'd better get her number in case I get stuck for my holiday in Thailand.

You might be better to wait until you get into BKK before planning your onward travel, this fiasco has no end in sight at the moment.

Cebu Pacific do BKK to MNL, and their new route BKK to CRK (Clark (Angeles)) which flies mid afternoon, so if MNL is full, you could try CRK, however you might have problems getting a refund from them if the flight is cancelled, and they have a bad reputation for customer service.

Only problem is as soon as BKK reopens everybody will be fighting for seats on any available flight.

I have had problems in the past using my UK (Citibank) card to book with Cebu Pacific, but recently I have made online bookings with no problems.

Thanks for your messages. My "clever" idea of passing through BKK turned out to be a bad mistake. I'm actually going to Davao in the Philippines. Using Cebu Pacific from BKK was going to take me there without having to spend more than a few of hours in Manila. Other airlines, like Cathay Pacific going via Hong Kong, were a lot more expensive and didn't connect well with my (hopeful) flight from Manila to Davao.

Just checked the Thai Airways site and they have a flight from BKK->Manila for 12,305 Bht including taxes. Of course a low fare is available because no one is sure of travelling right now. I'm traveling to BKK with Thai so it may help me to stick with the same airline in case there are scheduling problems. Thai also take credit cards online and I expect my CC will work on their site. I'll have to wait until tomorrow when my travel agent says he will have news for my flight on 7th December. If my flight is canceled I'll get a refund and buy a Cathay Pacific flight to avoid BKK altogether.

I tried the Cebu Pacific site a few days ago and it rejected my card even though it is Verified by Visa. So they are still experiencing some problems for at least some cards.

Good luck to all of us!

Everyone should keep in mind that once the airports are cleared of protesters, it will most likely take a few days to clean them up and make them serviceable again...assuming they are peacefully retaken, with little loss of life/injury and physical damage to the facilities.

Then there is the fact that there is already a weeks backlog of outgoing and incoming passengers to work-off before even considering people who have forward booked flights. A real mess will be on everyone's hands.

Reflecting on my situation it won't be too bad to be stuck in Thailand. I can hang out with my friend in Bangkok and see what is behind his claims of wild (and free of cost) times with women he has shown me on his camera phone. I also have a friend who works in Chang Mai who is very entertaining.

Providing I actually arrive in Bangkok on 7th December..

BTW, I noticed a number of cheap flights to Manila on SaveFlights.com (who advertise on this forum.)

Re Cebu Pacific. Filipino friend rang their Bangkok office last Friday (28th November) - and was told to call again after 4th December. They were not handling any customer queries until after that date. Doesnt sound good. Service not great at the best of times though - so no surprise there.