Careefour Pattaya Closing Dec. 1 St

JimmyTheMook

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just had terrible financial results and I saw something recently in the Uk financial pages saying some overseas stores will close, but I would be surprised if Pattaya's is one of them, unless they really are hurting.

Where will all the cockroaches go that currently swarm all over their fresh meat counter?

This sounds more related to the global economic meltdown rather than the current Thai political crisis.

I'm off to stock up now. I'd say the french bosses have seen the powerless police here and see riots coming!

So that means today is the last day?

Do you think they are discounting the stock?

A most interesting development...now all the interpretations :o

I wound put my money on slow sales and financial losses (if it turns out to be correct that they shut down). As there has been nothing I have seen in the Thai press about large financial losses at any of the local big-box retailers other than the usual expected slowdowns due to the recession, I am somewhat doubtful they are actually closing, rather than closing for remodeling, or maybe as someone posted, they just screwed-up their English sign (wouldn't be a first in LOS).

If they indeed closed, I personally wouldn't mind as I never really found their offerings that compelling. For me, it's just much easier to shop at Villa or Foodland whenever I am passing by one of them. FL is right on my route back home to the Farside day or nite and a quick stop there to pick-up a few things is much easier than winding my way into Carrefore and parking and walking around their large space to pick up the things I need.

I do like the resto, book, and hardware offerings at Carrefore's mall, however, so do patronize them often...just never much need for Carrefore itself.

I guess we will know tomorrow at 10 a.m. :o

I am assuming the op means just the Carrefour store itself and not the entire mall.

PS: There is nothing on Carrefour's French or Thai websites about any store closures in Thailand either. Just announcements about further store openings (expansions). Me thinks there is a big misunderstanding here or they are closing for inventory or something.

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

I just walked by there and thought it said closing also. But I believe it says closing at 11 PM each day starting December 1. Not a big change as it is not open very late anyway.

I read that sign yesterday and it just said that is closing at 11PM instead of midnight. So don't worry, it will be there next week :o

I just walked by there and thought it said closing also. But I believe it says closing at 11 PM each day starting December 1. Not a big change as it is not open very late anyway.

I was just there, didn't see a sign but was an announcment about opening times, the English was so bad didnt make any sense. Will have to remember who started this thread and not take any notice of them again!!!

I was just there, didn't see a sign but was an announcment about opening times, the English was so bad didnt make any sense. Will have to remember who started this thread and not take any notice of them again!!!

Agreed.. Id at least double check to see if the information is correct before posting anything it a public forum..

Agreed.. Id at least double check to see if the information is correct before posting anything it a public forum..

Great News!

Cockroach Protection League.