Fitness First

frenchFARANGbkk

Not sure where Fitness First is. But maybe this will help.

I was told the Fitness gym at The Landmark on the 4th

floor is 2000B/month. I have been there and it is an excellent

faciity with lots of very modern, new equipment.

I pay 2000 baht for Fitness First. It's a standard price and you won't have to bargain. They will tell you the towel service is an extra 200 baht but they will give it to you free (usual sale BS).

You will also have to pay a one-off 1,500 baht 'admin fee', which is non-negotiable.

The only other thing you will have to bargain about is the joining fee. You should be able to get away without paying this, if you play it right.

It's a fantastic gym and well recommended. You can also use any of their other gyms in BKK.

Edited by lowersmiths

When Fitness First opened, they offered me 1200 baht a month. When I told them I didn't have a credit card they said I would have to pay more, 1600 I think it was.

I offered to pay 1 year up fromt cash, but they wouldn't take it. Bastadrs.

I know of 2 people who have had someone at Fitness First use their credit card numbers - beware if that employee is still around - I suggest that you check your credit cards.

I pay 2000 baht for Fitness First. It's a standard price and you won't have to bargain. They will tell you the towel service is an extra 200 baht but they will give it to you free (usual sale BS).

You will also have to pay a one-off 1,500 baht 'admin fee', which is non-negotiable.

The only other thing you will have to bargain about is the joining fee. You should be able to get away without paying this, if you play it right.

It's a fantastic gym and well recommended. You can also use any of their other gyms in BKK.

Also thanks!

<deleted> their admin fee, it's a scam. And is it hard to avoid the joinin fee?

To pay 2000 you need to give a credit card number or you can pay it cash monthly?

Thanks.

Also thanks!

To pay 2000 you need to give a credit card number or you can pay it cash monthly?

Thanks.

You can pay it in cash, but they want the first three months. They take your credit card as a guarantee. You can't get out of the admin fee, but can the joining fee.

Just go along with everything, fill the forms and then back out when they talk about the joining fee. They'll be on you before you get back in the elevator :o

Also thanks!

Thanks.

You can pay it in cash, but they want the first three months. They take your credit card as a guarantee. You can't get out of the admin fee, but can the joining fee.

Just go along with everything, fill the forms and then back out when they talk about the joining fee. They'll be on you before you get back in the elevator :o

Udon has a fitness college with all the facilities one could possibly use, pools, track, soccer field, tennis basket ball courts, boxing rings, Great instructors. Cost 650 baht a year.

What it doesn't have is massage people, sauna, steam rooms.

This was a good kept secret in Udon, there are many gyms in the hotels much more expensive and not as well equipped, here also. I gues it depends on why you are going, if a work out is waht yo really want it is great. If it is farrang meeting place you are looking or it is not.