If You Are Stranded In Hong Kong

linglop

I am currently stranded in Hong Kong (due to have flown back to Thailand by Emirates last week) but have just managed to get a Cathay Pacific flight from Hong Kong to U-tapao for Tuesday 2nd December for HKG $ 1100 one way, which is leaving 0930 hours arriving 1100 hours. Flight to Thailand is virtually empty, so if you are in a hurry to return to Thailand, check the position with Cathay Pacific in Hong Kong.

As a follow up, the Cathay Pacific flight left Hong Kong on 2nd December for U-Tapao and arrived at 12 noon. There were about 30 passengers on the flight by a Boeing 777 to U-Tapao, most of which were Thai. It took three minutes to proceed through immigration. No customs officers were spotted. At least ten wide bodied planes were parked on the tarmac. Outside the arrivals terminal, free food and drink was being offered to tourists along with twenty or so taxi touts. In fact somewhat of a carnival atmosphere outside. Now back in my modest Pattaya condo. Three cheers for Cathay Pacific. No cheers for Emirates which i see from their website this afternoon will not be flying to Bangkok until 12 December.