Getting Paint Off Cement

pab

Have looked around but failed to find something that will remove paint (and other stains) from cement. Tried an Australian product called CLR but to no avail. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

what kinda surface ?

have photo ?

if it rough , just use a bronze brush on it. and buy some cement mix it with water and brush over it .

like a whilte wash buy using cement itself .

, if it smooth , same thing use a bronze brush ,

the trick to to make sur ethe paint is dry already . you may want to use a hair dryer to make it extra dry .

what kinda surface ?

have photo ?

if it rough , just use a bronze brush on it. and buy some cement mix it with water and brush over it .

the trick to to make sur ethe paint is dry already . you may want to use a hair dryer to make it extra dry .

Thanks Ta22. Surface is smooth and its a water based paint. Also have just been informed by a mate that perhaps metholated spirits could also help.

Will give your suggestion a go and see what happens.

water base paint use latax as Base , try to dry it up and then you can remove it like removing a dry layer of glue from you hand .

-

if it smooth surface you can use a scrabber to remove it .

-

a mix or petrol and soap 1:2 will help also can be use to clean amany thing . but be careful .

Mix as little as possible cos you can;t keep it long and and very dangerous .

When I used to work at a Truck Stop decades ago we used a powered orange/yellow soap that removed oil and diesel fuel easily off the concrete. I don't recall what the name of the soap was and looked online without any success. Although while working at the Truck Stop we cleaned the driveways a few times a week so the stains did not have a chance to soak in. I am sure that LOS probably does not have such a soap but you might find it useful just to ask at some of the higher end service stations on what they might use.

Likewise when I was searching the Internet I came across this website that may be of some use to you. Good luck and let me know your results.

http://www.askthebuilder.com/368_Cleaning_...Oil_Spots.shtml

When I used to work at a Truck Stop decades ago we used a powered orange/yellow soap that removed oil and diesel fuel easily off the concrete. I don't recall what the name of the soap was and looked online without any success. Although while working at the Truck Stop we cleaned the driveways a few times a week so the stains did not have a chance to soak in. I am sure that LOS probably does not have such a soap but you might find it useful just to ask at some of the higher end service stations on what they might use.

Likewise when I was searching the Internet I came across this website that may be of some use to you. Good luck and let me know your results.

http://www.askthebuilder.com/368_Cleaning_...Oil_Spots.shtml

Thanks dingdongrb and teacup - will also give this a shot once we have finished the rice harvest. Greatly appreciated

Keep in mind that cement is ususally quite porous compared to concrete. If any paint on cement, it will soak in, so you will still see discoloration after surface paint removal. Concrete is much more dense so does not absorb nearly as much. That is why they use this in garages and petrol stations.

Sandblasting might work, but I don't think the neighbourhood would appreciate it :o

Stuff called "paint stripper" in the USA. Used it to strip the paint off my car which had started checking. It is some really nasty powerful stuff. Like if you get it on your skin it will leave scars because it is like acid.

:o

Dude I still have the scars! And that was like 9 years ago! It's this stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint_stripper

To the OP you could also ask RakJungTorlae over to your pad. Paint from cement should be no problem. Rumor is he can suck the chrome off a trailer ball hitch. :D

Edited by submaniac

High pressure water blaster.

P.S. The difference between "Cement" & "Concrete" must be pretty miniscule.

Every driveway patio etc is made of "Concrete" which is a mix of cement sand gravel & water. And yeah it's porous unless the builder was tossing dry cement on top while drying. Makes for a dangerous & slippery surface.

Ding Dong - I think that stuff is called "GOOP".

what kinda surface ?

have photo ?

I just used a wire brush and some elbow grease. Add water it the surface is tiring you out.

I won't remove every last fleck but over time the paint will fade anyway and only you'll be able to notice :o

Stuff called "paint stripper" in the USA. Used it to strip the paint off my car which had started checking. It is some really nasty powerful stuff. Like if you get it on your skin it will leave scars because it is like acid.

Dude I still have the scars! And that was like 9 years ago! It's this stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint_stripper

To the OP you could also ask RakJungTorlae over to your pad. Paint from cement should be no problem. Rumor is he can suck the chrome off a trailer ball hitch. :D

Bro, what where you doing sniffing that stuff!! Even 9 year olds know not to go near it I’m sure. I know what paint strippers are.. LOL…..

OP why don’t you just paint the wall gray/cement color? Save a lot of hassle wouldn’t it?

Submarine boy here will gladly help out!!!

Bro, what where you doing sniffing that stuff!! Even 9 year olds know not to go near it I’m sure. I know what paint strippers are.. LOL…..

OP why don’t you just paint the wall gray/cement color? Save a lot of hassle wouldn’t it?

You 2 need to get a room. :D

May be Submaniac can help RJT suck the chrome offf a trailer ball hitch? :D

Combined both ideas just for you 2 love birds :D

YOU'RE WELCOME

:D

To the OP you could also ask RakJungTorlae over to your pad. Paint from cement should be no problem. Rumor is he can suck the chrome off a trailer ball hitch. :burp:

Bro, what where you doing sniffing that stuff!! Even 9 year olds know not to go near it I'm sure. I know what paint strippers are.. LOL…..

OP why don't you just paint the wall gray/cement color? Save a lot of hassle wouldn't it?

You 2 need to get a room. :D

May be Submaniac can help RJT suck the chrome offf a trailer ball hitch? :D

Combined both ideas just for you 2 love birds :P

Oh you naughty man... :wai::o:D

Nar!!!!!!!!!!!! Martain here will be jelouse.!! :jerk:

After you remove the paint the best thing for cleaning concrete (cement + sand) is HCl , hydrochloric acid.

Vixol bath cleaner is 20% HCl.

Cement contains lime, calcium carbonate, CaCO3 .

HCl disolves the surface layers with the reaction:

2HCl + CaCO3 = CaCl2 (calcium chloride salt) + H2CO3 (carbonic acid)

The carbonic acid then decomposes to water and carbon dioxide. the fizzing.

H2CO3 = H2O + CO2

The end product is saltwater