Pattaya Bar Closures This Weekend

APMann

The thing is that you have to offset what you can make on that one day against a fine or closure for 30 or 60 days over high season (an oxymoron now I think !).

The converse argument was heightened in 2007 when you not only had lots more Buddha days being enforced but also election and the weekend before elections. If you keep losing days, you cannot compete. IN 2007, some bars would be closed for about 30 days, some 20 of those in the busiest 3 months of the year. You cannot have that, just cannot.

why are you so worried about bars being closed? You have no home? why can't you just have a quiet

drink at home if you need it ? :o

Who needs a quiet night?. I have suitably stocked up...but the more options available the better. besides the wife does NOT do poll dancing justice. In fact she uses the condo's supporting column. Results in a 6.5 richter scale shudder throughout the building.

This morning I went from Jomtien Complex to the beach to get a newspaper, and every bar is open and several people were already openly drinking beer at 11:00 AM! Country Road and KR Bar are usually very sensitive to the wishes of the police, and will down shutters at the first suggestion of closures, but they are both open. So it looks like a normal day (in Jomtien, at least) where we can celebrate the King's 81st in the style we would like to.

Anybody got further *reliable* info on the Walking Street area, and what the GoGo's will be doing tonight?

This morning I went from Jomtien Complex to the beach to get a newspaper, and every bar is open and several people were already openly drinking beer at 11:00 AM! Country Road and KR Bar are usually very sensitive to the wishes of the police, and will down shutters at the first suggestion of closures, but they are both open. So it looks like a normal day (in Jomtien, at least) where we can celebrate the King's 81st in the style we would like to.

Anybody got further *reliable* info on the Walking Street area, and what the GoGo's will be doing tonight?

asked in a few gogos last night said as normal tonight.oh and i just had a beer on soi13 .walked up from walking street along beach road.people drinking everywhere.