Receiving International Faxes

I would be interested to hear whether other people have a problem receiving international faxes, and whether there's something I'm not understanding correctly.

I can send internationally, and and I can both send and receive local faxes, but there appears to be a problem receiving international faxes. I have resolved my immediate need by having the faxes sent to my management office, in my condo.

I rang CAT and they confirmed that there is no problem with my line. They then sent me a fax, (proving that I can receive locally), with a raft of spurious instructions including the various methods to ensure that faxes get through, such as my sender calling me and telling me that they're going to send a fax, so that I can push the "start" button to receive it. (It's on automatic fax receipt, as the local recepit proves), or buying a Thaicard with an access number, that I have to provide to the sender, or subscribing to CAT's ITFS service, (for a fee). The latter two assume I always know who and when someone overseas is going to send a fax. I asked the management office to check with CAT, and they agreed these methods were nonsense.

Does anyone else have these difficulties?

we just brought a sharp fax last week for the wifes bussiness and I spent most of yeasterday trying to send a fax to OZ, YES found out I need to use 008 not 0011 for this company TOT IN Bkk, different no. for diffrent phone company!

have no problems [now] sending and reciving from PHUKET, just sort international out :o