Emirates Cancel All Scheduled Flights To Bangkok Until At Least 12th December

Sunderland

http://www.emirates.com/th/English/sitetoo...al_updates.aspx

Bangkok

Our scheduled flights to and from Bangkok continue to be affected due to the closure of Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Up to and including 12th December:

Emirates flights EK384/385 Dubai-Bangkok-Hong Kong-Bangkok-Dubai are cancelled.

Emirates flights EK372/373 Dubai-Bangkok-Dubai are cancelled.

Emirates flights EK418 Dubai-Bangkok-Sydney-Auckland will not land in Bangkok. Instead, these flights will operate to other scheduled points.

Emirates flights EK419 Auckland-Sydney-Bangkok-Dubai will not land in Bangkok. Instead, these flights will operate to other scheduled points.

The following options exist for passengers booked on Emirates flights to/from Bangkok up to 12th December 2008:

Passengers can choose to travel into or out of another airport that Emirates operates in the vicinity of Bangkok, such as Kuala Lumpur, Singapore or Hong Kong. Re-booking or re-issue charges will be waived, and the fare paid to/from Bangkok will be honoured for travel to/from the alternative airports. This re-routing is subject to seat availability.

Passengers can choose to travel into or out of another airport in Thailand, and their tickets will be reissued as per standard involuntary rerouting procedures at no additional cost.

Passengers to/from Bangkok who do not wish to re-route will be re-booked on the first available flight when the airport re-opens.

Passengers travelling on tickets issued as part of an inclusive tour by a tour operator/ travel agent are requested to contact their tour operator/ travel agent for refund or cancellation.

Emirates Airport Services is ensuring that passengers are well cared for.

The safety of our passengers and crew is of utmost importance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife works for Emirates and it's her understanding that Emirates will still be laying on some unscheduled flights to help fly passengers out of Thailand. Utapao and Chiang Mai are the most likely departure points, although slots have to be allocated by the Thai authorities, so there is little to be few on Emirates' website regarding the possible flights in the coming days.

My Mom & Dad were due to fly on the 6th December, Emirates have told them that if they want to re-book on a flight after the 12th they will have to pay an extra £765 - which is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!! :o

Question, if the flight doesn't go on the 6th because of this situation, are you saying they are gonna charge you for rebooking? That's contrary to all their public statements as was stated above...

Passengers to/from Bangkok who do not wish to re-route will be re-booked on the first available flight when the airport re-opens

I had an e-mail from my Mom last night, and when she rang Emirates she was told that it would cost an extra £765 for both of them to change. I have a feeling (and don't know if it is right as I haven't spoken to Emirates myself yet), but the price of the seats goes up after about the 9th of December until mid January, so can only presume it is the difference in the seat price????? I will be ringing Emirates myself at some stage today, when their office opens in UK.

Not good news though!!!!!!!

I have also had a read through their Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (published 15 May 2006) - Specifically Article 9 - and cannot see anywhere in there about charging extra under these circumstances. However, as the document is rather confusing for my brain, I could have read it wrong :o

I had an e-mail from my Mom last night, and when she rang Emirates she was told that it would cost an extra £765 for both of them to change. I have a feeling (and don't know if it is right as I haven't spoken to Emirates myself yet), but the price of the seats goes up after about the 9th of December until mid January, so can only presume it is the difference in the seat price????? I will be ringing Emirates myself at some stage today, when their office opens in UK.

Not good news though!!!!!!!

I am guessing that the issue is due to the fact that your mom request a specific date whereas the statement from the airlines says the first available flight following the resumption of services.

My mom just rang and asked what needed to be done, and was told that it would cost that for a flight "after the 12th" and that was "if there were seats available". I don't believe any specific date was asked for.

However, I will be checking with Emirates later today.

My mom just rang and asked what needed to be done, and was told that it would cost that for a flight "after the 12th" and that was "if there were seats available". I don't believe any specific date was asked for.

Would appreciate it if you or anyone with further info on Emirates can post here as my parents are due to depart UK on 16th December to BKK.

Thanks

Don't want to argue with you but when you Mom says after the 12th - that does not mean next available flight neccesarily (but in this case it is likely to be).

If it was me, I would go down to the Emirates office in person and say "I had a flight to Thailand booked for xx but because of the shutdown, when the aiport does open again, how much notice will you give me so I can get out on the next available flight at no extra charge?

And then when the resumption of flights is given a green light, I would again go directly to the Emirates ticketing office and get it changed then and there. Phone calls in these situations IMO leave areas for errors to occur.

Keep in mind, if the protesters leave today (hypothetically), it will take several days to get the airport back up and running.

I had a friend who made it in from Canada (Vancover) on EVA yesterday, so some flights are getting through. He was delayed a few days but EVA did get him in through Utapao. Said it took about 2 hours to clear immigration and luggage but considering the situation...not too bad. He lives in Pattaya so getting home was easy.

Their office opens at 0730 GMT so will ring them shortly after that time and see if I can find out more info. I will post what I am told on TV.

Emirates have cancelled the flight NOT my parents, so why should they be out of pocket!!???

They won't be. But imagine how many people who have tickets for the coming days are trying to rebook at the moment and I think you can see the headaches it causes.

Their flight was cancelled, they will be rebooked on the next AVAILABLE flight according to the statement issued by the airline.

You need to get past the point of requesting flights "after specific dates" and start warming up to "next available flight".

Good luck.

This whole airport closure situation has far reaching ramifications beyond Thailand. X your issue with thousands of other travellers who are affected by this and see the mess it is causing for hotels, airlines, travel agents and on and on and on.

I guess lawsuits against the AOT will follow. AOT can in-turn sue PAD?

I have just spoken to Emirates (Jeanette) and she has advised that there will be no extra fees on top of what my parents have already paid for - all fees have been wavered.

Emirates will advise when the first available flight is (subject to seat availability), and I presume you can go on that, or a later one.

I have just spoken to Emirates (Jeanette) and she has advised that there will be no extra fees on top of what my parents have already paid for - all fees have been wavered.

Emirates will advise when the first available flight is (subject to seat availability), and I presume you can go on that, or a later one.

you are welcome :o:D

Anyone any more info on when Emirates will start flying to swampy again, just called them in the UK 20 mins ago and still all cancelled untill after the 12th, yet most airlines are stating when they will be flying again.

Watch this space for probable news later today or tomorrow morning. The first Thai flight landed at swampy this afternoon so I am guessing things will start ramping up over the next few days.

Anyone any more info on when Emirates will start flying to swampy again, just called them in the UK 20 mins ago and still all cancelled untill after the 12th, yet most airlines are stating when they will be flying again.

We are flying with Emirates on 13th from Bangkok to Manchester , called them this morning back in Uk and they just keep saying your flight isn t cancelled but keep phoning everyday in case it does get cancelled . I m getting really annoyed as I have to fly home for medical reasons and a wedding no later than the 14th and I m worried that when we fly to Bangkok from Chiang Mai we will be told that our flight is delayed to cope with the backlog of passengers , does anyone know if Emirates are putting on extra flights to cope with this thanks

Edited by milkmachine

Watch this space for probable news later today or tomorrow morning. The first Thai flight landed at swampy this afternoon so I am guessing things will start ramping up over the next few days.

we're booked to fly Dec 4 AKL to BKK via SYD

Yesterday Dec 3, Emirates on their website said they would't fly to bkk until Dec 12earliest, but that any pasengers rerouted to airporets nearby such as KL or Sing would be reticked at NO COST to any open airports in thaialnd, e.g. phuket, chiang mai or Utapao.

TODAY, the website said any such rerouting would be at cost of the passsenger.

Yesterday i phoned my New Zeaalnd office, , quoted teir website, the guy on the phone said he he hadn't been advised of that. I said reroute to Sing, ND WE'LL DEAL ITH IT AT AKL Airport.h

Today rules chaNGE.

I think Emirates is trying to screw us.

My Mum and Dad was booked for today Wednesday, Man, DXB, BKK.

Father just rang me up and he said Emirates have re-booked

them on the 20.10 flight from Man to DXB Friday the 5th

and the 9.40am from DXB to BKK Sat 6th.

Just out of the blue.

Maybe they are getting better up to date info now.

:o

Latest update from Emirates....

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/sitetoo...al_updates.aspx

Bangkok

Emirates is pleased to note that Bangkok’s international airport is slowly resuming operations.

We are boosting ongoing initiatives to facilitate travel for stranded passengers.

We are operating two additional, special flights to U-Taphao Airport until 5th December as well as re-instating our scheduled Emirates flights EK372/373 (Dubai-Bangkok-Dubai) effective 6th December. Emirates flight EK 372 will depart Dubai daily at 09:40hrs and touch down in Bangkok at 18:40hrs. Return Emirates flight EK373 will depart Bangkok at 20:25hrs and arrive in Dubai at 23:55hrs.

Emirates flights EK384/385 (Dubai-Bangkok-Hong Kong-Bangkok-Dubai) will remain cancelled until 12th December. Emirates flights EK418/419 (Dubai-Bangkok-Sydney-Auckland-Sydney-Bangkok-Dubai) will overfly Bangkok and operate on direct routes until further notice. Emirates hopes to resume these services once the airport facility is fully operational.

Emirates offers the following options, valid for bookings made until 12th December:

Passengers can choose to travel into or out of another airport that Emirates operates in the vicinity of Bangkok, such as Kuala Lumpur, Singapore or Hong Kong. Re-booking or re-issue charges will be waived, and the fare paid to/from Bangkok will be honoured for travel to/from the alternative airports. This re-routing is subject to seat availability. The passenger will have to bear the cost of ground transportation between Bangkok and the alternative airports.

Passengers can choose to travel into or out of another airport in Thailand, and their tickets will be reissued as per standard involuntary rerouting procedures at no additional cost. The passenger will have to bear the cost of ground transportation between Bangkok and the other airports in Thailand.

Passengers to/from Bangkok who do not wish to re-route can be re-booked on the first available flight when the airport re-opens by contacting their local Emirates office.

Passengers travelling on tickets issued as part of an inclusive tour by a tour operator/ travel agent are requested to contact their tour operator/ travel agent for refund or cancellation.

Customers are requested to contact their local Emirates offices for further updates, and before embarking on a journey to/from Bangkok.

We continue to closely monitor the situation and will resume all operations once the situation has returned to full normalcy. The safety of our passengers and crew is of utmost importance and we would not wish to compromise it in any way.

EMIRATES TO BOOST RECOVERY SERVICES TO THAILAND

DUBAI, U.A.E., 3rd December 2008 – Emirates announced today that it will boost its ongoing initiatives to facilitate travel for passengers affected due to the closure of Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, by operating two additional, special flights to U-Taphao Airport until 5th December as well as re-instating its scheduled flight EK372/373 (Dubai-Bangkok-Dubai) effective 6th December.

The Dubai-based airline has previously operated a recovery flight each to U-Taphao Airport and Chiang Mai Airport, bringing back close to 600 passengers. It has also offered passengers the option to re-route their travel from alternative airports in Thailand and other South East Asian points such as Kuala Lumpur, Singapore or Hong Kong.

Emirates third recovery flight, a Boeing 777-300 aircraft departed Dubai today for U-Taphao Airport. It will return on 4th December carrying 380 passengers. Emirates choice of wide-bodied Boeing 777 aircraft is deliberate to ensure that the maximum number of passengers can be recovered from Bangkok.

The fourth recovery flight will depart Dubai on 5th December and will also bring back 380 passengers. At present the flight is scheduled to operate to U-Taphao Airport, but it may be re-routed to Bangkok if the on-ground situation improves further. Passengers wishing to travel to Bangkok can contact Emirates’ Reservations in their local markets to book themselves on the fourth recovery flight, subject to seat availability.

Emirates has also positioned additional flight and cabin crew in Thailand in preparation for the resumption of services.