"i'm A Tourist, Get Me Out Of Here"

Ducati

Love this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7758349.stm

I was feeling sorry for this guy... apparently on a tour of South East Asia and now bemoaning his forced captivity in Thailand ....."government not doing anything...unpaid holidays...need to pay for my own food..." blah blah....

Until I got to this choice quote ... "There isn't much to do here except go to bars and drink".

:o

Love this.

I was feeling sorry for this guy... apparently on a tour of South East Asia and now bemoaning his forced captivity in Thailand ....."government not doing anything...unpaid holidays...need to pay for my own food..." blah blah....

Until I got to this choice quote ... "There isn't much to do here except go to bars and drink".

OK, where's the queue for tube drivers' jobs? :D

Yes at 70GPB per day he's hardly roughing it, wonder if that includes for a companion :D for the evenings to take his mind off his perilous situation :o .

Funny how all these people think the government should just drop everything and charter planes to rescue them. What part of THE AIRPORTS ARE CLOSED do they not understand? To get charter flights in and out needs the cooperation of AoT who, understandably, have lots on their mind at present. Anyhow it's not like the country is at war is it? In any event, if the situation were different, he'd likely be the first to complain about his taxes being used to ferry these party animals back from their tropical paradise.

This made me laugh.

It's incredibly frustrating being stuck here. I can't wait to get away.

He can't wait to get away back to London in winter driving a tube train full of miserable, whinging commuters?

Yeah, right. :D

Love this.

I was scheduled to leave on Thursday for the US, the first day the airport was closed. I waited one day and kept checking with the airline, they said "maybe" Sunday, "maybe" Monday or Tuesday, etc. After one day of "maybe" I went to the train station and got an evening train to Hat Yai, only regular seating was available. In Hat Yai buses and shared vans were booked, took taxi to the border. After immigration procedures for Thailand and Malaysia went to Butterworth by taxi. Anyone doing this run bring a long sleeve shirt that A/C on the train made it cold as the Arctic - almost.

Only train available at Butterworth was at 0700 Saturday morning and it was first class (127 ringgits.) Booked that train to KL and from KL to Singapore. The same train I was on was the train that went to Singapore. Arrived Singapore around 1030 PM. Immigration for Malaysia was on the train and for Singapore the train stopped, we got off with luggage, went through the procedures, got back on train after a while and in 20 minutes or so we pulled into Singapore. Went to the airport and flew out on NWA at 0600. Before I left, in Bangkok I asked if NWA would change the departure to Singapore and they did, I was out of pocket for the train rides and taxi rides plus one cheap hotel in Butterworth (50 ringgits.)

So, if you want to take the time and energy you can get out of Thailand. The trains and buses were quite full. It was an interesting few days, had an important legal meeting on Tuesday in Boston that I was anxious to make.

Okeydokey.