Is Pattaya Much Quieter?

crudy21

Are there fewer tourists around town at the moment? I suppose it has to have an effect with no new tourists coming in and the ones who are there slowly getting out of the country.

What about when it is all over, quiet Christmas on the cards?

Are there fewer tourists around town at the moment? I suppose it has to have an effect with no new tourists coming in and the ones who are there slowly getting out of the country.

What about when it is all over, quiet Christmas on the cards?

Yes, I'm noticing a slow decline over the week in people around and traffic. I'm even finding places to park around Walking Street in the evenings where normally I never would, even in the slow season.

Just the week before this happened it was starting to get busy.

Fewer tourists but twice as many Katoeys then last year to make up the numbers, pity i only like 19 yo slim slender gentile ladies they seem to be missing.

This sounds totally bizzare.

If you only like "gentile" ladies, what the heck are you doing in Pattaya? Most girls here are Bhuddist.

If you had a 19 yo gf, would you kick her out on her 20th birthday?

Boy there do seem to be a lot of Katoeys this year. It is getting so bad I want to stop and give some of the elocution lessons or some walking exercises. Not sure if they are trying to walk really stereotypcially gay or they really think their over accentuations are feminine.

I notice larger groups of foreigners hanging around and drinking or eating together a bit more. Perhaps they are people that are stuck here and rationing money a bit until things sort themselves out. They had their holiday, and now are just trying to figure out how to get home.

I notice larger groups of foreigners hanging around and drinking or eating together a bit more. Perhaps they are people that are stuck here and rationing money a bit until things sort themselves out. They had their holiday, and now are just trying to figure out how to get home.

Do you mean the groups of coffin dodgers on the beach walk, nursing their 7-eleven purchased Chang beers? The ones that have a whip round to see who get's their monthly rocks off? The ones that know the katoeys by name?

They have ALWAYS been there, just they stick out like dogs <deleted> right now IMHO.

Do you mean the groups of coffin dodgers on the beach walk, nursing their 7-eleven purchased Chang beers? The ones that have a whip round to see who get's their monthly rocks off? The ones that know the katoeys by name?

They have ALWAYS been there, just they stick out like dogs <deleted> right now IMHO.

coffin dodgers,love it,there were quite a few out this morning and the usuall assortment of rejects left from last night while the wife and i were out for our morning walk ,plus hel_l of a lot of people lining up at the Thai airways office

:o

Yesterday traffic was nearly brought to a standstill in Pattaya due to demonstrations (Gays and TRT/PPP/PTP/Whatever they call themselves this week) but other than that I haven't really noticed any great changes in the number of people around here.

I was out last night on Walking Street - very quiet in many bars, and on Walking Street - like midweek in low season - but great for us as it was so quiet, but not for business owners.

Many bars will have to close. So many girls, so many overheads, so few customers. And when these few tourists go home (artificially inflated anyway by being stranded here), they won't be replaced by the same number coming back, and the Russians have stopped coming (travel advisory issued), so I think it is not only the future of Thai politics that is in for some dramatic changes next year, unfortunately.

edited for stupid typos

Edited by APMann

Coffin dodgers ! ROTFLMAO utter classic IMHO.

I was out last night on Walking Street - very quiet in many bars, and on Walking Street - like midweek in low season - but great for us as it was so quiet, but not for business owners.

Many bars will have to close. So many girls, so many overheads, so few customers. And when these few tourists go home (artificially inflated anyway by being stranded here), they won't be replaced by the same number coming back, and the Russians have stopped coming (travel advisory issued), so I think it is not only the future of Thai politics that is in for some dramatic changes next year, unfortunately.

edited for stupid typos

I agree that this will put some to the wall but you have to remember that the beginning and middle of December is traditionally down on the end of November which benefits from Loy Krathong. People start to hit town in large numbers the Saturday before Xmas which this year is 20th December. The thing is just how many people will change their minds and cancel or go somewhere else.

last night on walking street hardly any farangs.......lots of thais and indians but that was it. I was sitting on a chair on walking and a sweet girl that works there mentioned no farangs walking and when i explained it was the airport she said " but they can all come when it over", not a clue about vacation time. in a popular go go i went to, for a regular, she said no farangs for 3 days. don't know whether to take that literally or not

It is deadly quiet. I was in a popular bar yesterday and the staff outnumbered the customers. Still bad service as well. 85 baht for a small chang seems a bit expensive.

I might make Friendship supermarket my 'regular'. there are plenty of seats outside, the weather is good and a large chang just 35 baht from the fridge.

In fact, that is a really good idea! I'm off there right now!

Fewer tourists but twice as many Katoeys then last year to make up the numbers, pity i only like 19 yo slim slender gentile ladies they seem to be missing.

This sounds totally bizzare.

If you only like "gentile" ladies, what the heck are you doing in Pattaya? Most girls here are Bhuddist.

If you had a 19 yo gf, would you kick her out on her 20th birthday?

In Patts I kick them out in the morning whoever they are, when not in Patts i cant be so picky as to only choose the 19yo ones.

As for the gentile bit, there used to be lots of feminine ones now they seem like rough, drunken, farangfood eating, tattood vile creatures similar to the worst of the worst British women.

To keep on topic today its still quiet today.

Far too late,us expats have got the 19 yo+ all lol.you can have sloppy seconds though

Edited by patklang

The thing is just how many people will change their minds and cancel or go somewhere else.

My brother was due to stop in BKK when flying through to London from Sydney on the 17th this plane is now re-routed through Japan so that is one flight full of people definitely not coming to LOS.

Edited by spiderman2

I've heard city hall has proposed that Walking St. be renamed "Ladyman Street".

Nah, I'm just kidding but really they should and here's why:

We have literally breached the 50% barrier, and there are now more ladymen than girls

on Walking st. What are your thoughts please?

Is this the kind of randy action everybody wants? ORis this something everyone tolerated

and now it's so out of control nobody knows what to do? Is it good for Pattaya to be known as

ladyman city? OR like PHuket, do maybe the city planners need to rein it in a little? Opinions? :o

Yesterday traffic was nearly brought to a standstill in Pattaya due to demonstrations (Gays and TRT/PPP/PTP/Whatever they call themselves this week) but other than that I haven't really noticed any great changes in the number of people around here.

Not exactly a demonstration dear, December 1st is World Aids Day,

and there are FAR more straights than gays with HIV/AIDS.

Disagree and I'll stamp my stilletto.

Edited by easyride

I've heard city hall has proposed that Walking St. be renamed "Ladyman Street".

Nah, I'm just kidding but really they should and here's why:

We have literally breached the 50% barrier, and there are now more ladymen than girls

on Walking st. What are your thoughts please?

Is this the kind of randy action everybody wants?

it must be, i bet they dont go home showing there pictures of their new heshe to the friends and family though, what happens in patts stays in patts.

Is it good for Pattaya to be known as

ladyman city? OR like PHuket, do maybe the city planners need to rein it in a little? Opinions? :o

They need a big clean up of fighting pensioners, overweight Thai women and katoeys, i would have included soi dogs but imho theyre a cut above the aforementioned.

And there needs to be more 18-23 yo cute slim non smoking non tattoo'd women.