German Tourist Robbed And Assaulted Following Trip To Atm.

kurgen

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sutum, the Deputy Chief of Pattaya Police received a report in the early hours of Monday Morning of a foreigner who had been robbed and attacked at gun point on the Thappraya Road leading to Jomtien.

The incident occurred at the intersection with the Tepprasit Road and the victim, Mr. Boris Theoner aged 40 from Germany, who sustained a head wound and other minor facial injuries explained that he had gone to use a nearby ATM Machine and when he was walking back to his Hotel, two men on a motorbike pulled up beside him, and one of them placed a gun to the side of his head.

The German was forced to hand over a Rolex Watch and a quantity of cash. Before the two assailants left they assaulted Mr. Theoner which the butt of the gun.

He was attended to by a Bangkok Hospital Pattaya Ambulance and Police took full details of the two attackers who are now being located by Police who suspect they will re-offend if not caught soon.

Pattaya One News

I know it's easy to be wise after the event but going to an ATM in the early hours of the morning anywhere in the world is not a good idea.

Police took full details of the two attackers who are now being located by Police who suspect they will re-offend if not caught soon.

They figured that out all by themselves? Regular little Inspector Morse types they are.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sutum, the Deputy Chief of Pattaya Police received a report in the early hours of Monday Morning of a foreigner who had been robbed and attacked at gun point on the Thappraya Road leading to Jomtien.

The incident occurred at the intersection with the Tepprasit Road and the victim, Mr. Boris Theoner aged 40 from Germany, who sustained a head wound and other minor facial injuries explained that he had gone to use a nearby ATM Machine and when he was walking back to his Hotel, two men on a motorbike pulled up beside him, and one of them placed a gun to the side of his head.

The German was forced to hand over a Rolex Watch and a quantity of cash. Before the two assailants left they assaulted Mr. Theoner which the butt of the gun.

He was attended to by a Bangkok Hospital Pattaya Ambulance and Police took full details of the two attackers who are now being located by Police who suspect they will re-offend if not caught soon.

Pattaya One News

Another version of the story below

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000007943

The part that got my attention was the last paragraph:

"Police presumed that the perpetrators may have robbed many victims before as they had received reports of

similar cases. However police would be questioning more witnesses and attempt to bring the robbers to justice soon."

So, this isn't the 1st time this has happened, only the 1st time it's been reported. :o

• 2 months later...
heh, a Rolex. riiiiight...

Always a Rolex isn't it. A number of years ago, before the insurance companies started sharing information, I know a chap who used to 'lose' a Rolex every other holiday. Whilst I don't condone this, I think it's fair to say that should you ever find yourself making a genuine claim, it's probably not a bad idea to claim for such extras; it's the only way you'll even break even; honesty seldom pays dividends when dealing with insurance companies.

Actually it is really difficult to get insurance on a rolex in the UK. When I bought one two years ago the jewellers I bought it from (who offered watch insurance) said they would not insure rolexes because they were too high profile with thieves).

Over here wearing a real rolex is not really a problem as everyone seems to assume it is a knock off and I don't ever correct that assumption!!!

Actually it is really difficult to get insurance on a rolex in the UK. When I bought one two years ago the jewellers I bought it from (who offered watch insurance) said they would not insure rolexes because they were too high profile with thieves).

Over here wearing a real rolex is not really a problem as everyone seems to assume it is a knock off and I don't ever correct that assumption!!!

Be careful. I wear a genuine expensive watch in Pattaya, (NOT a Rolex) but a street fake-watch vendor spotted my watch and whispered in my ear, how much did THAT watch cost?

He knew it was original. I got paranoid and did not wear it outdoors for weeks.