Ekmongkol Village Ii

I lived in Eakmongkol 4 so I know the area but your question has no answer. As the house will be resale, the value is not linked just to the plot size but rather to he quality of finish and fixtures and fittings included in the sale price. Sure the size dictates the price but you cannot compare apples and pears on a cost per sq wah.

I lived in a 2 bed 2 bath place with carport and all enclosed under the rear eaves. Land on 3 sides. I guess the owner would have wanted more than 3m for the place but I would have paid him little over 2m and today, in this climate, he'd be lucky to get 2m though he'd probably advertise it for 3.2m or some other daft number.

Hey Torrenova,

It is a two bedroom, two bath.  It looks good based on the pictures (western style kitchen with gas stove, fully furnished, tile floors etc.....)  They are asking low 2 mil baht.

How is the property management company (if you know)

Look around the entire development. I am sure there are many many houses there for sale.

Someone there is going to be in worse shape than your seller.

Also look at the other Ekmongkols, 1, 2, 3, etc.

For 2.2M+ a little, you could actually find a place on the West side of Sukhumvit (unfurnished and no a/c), if that is what you would prefer?

Are you familiar with Soi Khao Talo in the rainy season, or at 5:00PM on the weekdays?

Spend a lot of time looking at a lot of houses in the development prior to buying one. Even talk to people who are in their yards and not selling their houses. They will be a good source of information on the development.

Best of luck to you.

thanks for the advice eljeque.  I'm arranging a showing now. I'll have my gf go there to do some recon.  She's savvy and will go around talking to the neighbors and checking out the area.  Already she says offer 1.7m.  BUT I'd like to her to check out the place first and talk to the neighbors....I plan to be down their the first week of Feb

If you are able to wait until April, you might be better off as many of the high season renters will be gone, and a lot more properties will be empty, and their owners will be hurting for money.

Spend as much time as possible looking, and day-by-day you will find bigger, better and less expensive properties all over the place.

Look around the entire development. I am sure there are many many houses there for sale.

Someone there is going to be in worse shape than your seller.

Also look at the other Ekmongkols, 1, 2, 3, etc.

For 2.2M+ a little, you could actually find a place on the West side of Sukhumvit (unfurnished and no a/c), if that is what you would prefer?

Are you familiar with Soi Khao Talo in the rainy season, or at 5:00PM on the weekdays?

Spend a lot of time looking at a lot of houses in the development prior to buying one. Even talk to people who are in their yards and not selling their houses. They will be a good source of information on the development.

Best of luck to you.

Soi Khao Talo is not Soi Nerplanwan which is really screwed in the rainy season. No real issues at all actually. Only problem was the occasional loss of water but that happens everywhere. A bigger tank would solve that problem.

As for 5pm, then Eakmongkol 4 is 1.7km from Sukhumvit and I guess it could take 10 minutes on a bad day. I am presuming everyone considering living past Suk has a car.

thanks for the advice eljeque. I'm arranging a showing now. I'll have my gf go there to do some recon. She's savvy and will go around talking to the neighbors and checking out the area. Already she says offer 1.7m. BUT I'd like to her to check out the place first and talk to the neighbors....I plan to be down their the first week of Feb

No point talking to neighbours, just a waste of time.

As for a place being sold with furniture then that is the norm but it depends whether what they leave is of any value to you. If you are going to scrap it then tell them to take it and reduce the price. Personally I don't want some things second hand.

Look at electrical stuff. Aircon, washing machine, cooker, water pump etc. If they are 5+ years old then they need scrapping so they have no value. No point to pay for stuff which is past it's sell by date. Better off to start again with a clean slate.

As a side issue, if you go onto Eakmongkol 4, you can see some places which have yet to be kitted out. These are bigger than I suspect your place but you have a blank canvas so to speak.

As for your GF saying offer 1.7m then she is definitely talking about the smaller stuff as even desperate sellers will not let Ek4 go for that, certainly not what I had. I'd say the realistic bottom end for that would be Bt2.2 to Bt2.5m with only rubbish needing decent amounts of work on it below that.