World Of Warcraft Thailand Guild For Foreigners

simonsimon

Hi

I am playing WoW since 2006 and my biggest problem is WoW instance and raiding times in U.S and Aussy servers. So i thought if i gather enough of foreigner players in Thailand then we can basicly play same time. I think we may establish foreigner guild called " Farangs Fury " or " Order of the Farang".

This gonna be Alliance Guild (sorry for horde guys) in US PVP Server. I rather US servers because when i am online 8 p.m over there like 8-9 a.m so not much latency while playing.

If you guys interested with this idea please post and let me know if you are up too.

Thanks.

Hi there Simonsimon

I'm a relative newbie to WoW..but I live in Thailand and play Thai times...also got a guild established with 20 members,3 tab bank ect ect.

I play in Nagrand and would love to hear from anyone else (thai Visa members) that are also in that realm.

Feel free to look me up :o sootthedog

Froggs

I have a lv 76 warrior and a bunch of other characters on Garithos (US - PVP) with my girlfriend, horde of course..... I seriously thought only little griefing kiddies played alliance? You mean to tell me you guys have adults on your side? <deleted>.... adults behave LIKE THAT?! haha

FOR THE HORDE!

ok geekout over

Hi

Sabum , my toons also in Garithos alliance side. In my current guild we have many adult people and some kiddies. Reason I dislike horde is their cities hmm just too ugly. Well maybe it's stupid reason but whenever i created horde toon , i can't stand play him because how cities look terribad. On the other hand we have cities like Ironforge (my favourite) Stormwind and Darnassus all are beautiful.

I ever saw some people in thailand play in Garithos and if some guy also transfer here for sake of playing together then we can establish this guild. Come on guys.

I play on the PVE Aman'Thul server it does have occasional cues but not too bad.

I have been playing WOW for awhile but have given up since coming to Thailand. How do you guys get a net connection which is suitable for playing it?. Right now I am in an apartment building and pay 400 baht a month for internet which is completely useless.

Any advice would be appreciated, I would love to start playing WOW again

I used to play on the UE server Terenas have a nice Lock and Priest sitting idle there the reason I quit and started again on the US server was the raiding times. On EU server I would start at 02:00 and not finish until 06:00 and it effected my family life sleeping until afternoon, also the latency became worse to the point of unplayable. The latency isn't too bad on Aman' Thul I'm getting about 350 ish on both my True Bangkok and TT&T Aranyaprathet ISP's.

• 3 months later...

Hi to you all but to THE MASK.

Yep I have true but it will cost you 2000 b a month it is there top of line connection. Not too many running probs for me read above comment on the question re WOW seperate question re disconnects.

Im on AUSY server. Dreadmaul.

Drop me an pm so we can chat more.

4 THE HORD

• 2 months later...
Hi

I am playing WoW since 2006 and my biggest problem is WoW instance and raiding times in U.S and Aussy servers. So i thought if i gather enough of foreigner players in Thailand then we can basicly play same time. I think we may establish foreigner guild called " Farangs Fury " or " Order of the Farang".

This gonna be Alliance Guild (sorry for horde guys) in US PVP Server. I rather US servers because when i am online 8 p.m over there like 8-9 a.m so not much latency while playing.

If you guys interested with this idea please post and let me know if you are up too.

Thanks.

Hi S&S

My wife and I have multiple ( L70 - 80) characters on Aman Thul (Oceanic) & Turalyon (US) with our own guild just for the 2 of us. If we can reach a common ground as to servers we may be able to work things out as to meeting up with you.

Just lately, and I see threads relating to the subject, I have noticed the latency (lag) & drop offs making things unplayable.

• 8 months later...

I used to play on Quel'dorei(US) before I moved to Thailand. I reactivated my wow account during new year holidays and played from internet cafe` but I was getting 600+ latency constantly. I could face-roll pve easily but was having trouble in pvp. So, I was forced to leave wow for quite some time.

:) I tried on some Oceanic servers and I got like 150~200ms but I didn't want to just xfer alone.

I have true internet ADSL (8M/1M) package and I'm paying 1400 Baht/month but it's still very slow at night. I mostly download movies stuff at night and I'm getting like 30kbps at night time which sucks big time.

So, I was wondering if I'd be getting bad latency in wow too. Don't really want to waste 990 baht buying wow card.

What package are you guys using and how much latency are you getting???

Thanks

I play on Dragonblight (US server). I get lag usually around 500-600. (Using TRUE 5M)

It is tough on PVP, but otherwises..playable.

I am looking to move to Oceanic, but not sure which would be the best.

HORDE side by the way.

Any comment?

You probably have to check the wow official realm forum to choose the server and check the latency with low level character.

I haven't transferred my characters yet. I'm currently trying to play on US server with "better" internet package and as far as I know, true internet is not cutting it.

By the way...I am looking for HORDE base server.

Currently..i am stuck with ALLIANCE population base that control WG every 3 out of 4 times.

in battleground..we lose about 70%......

So any oceanic server that at least have 50%-50% chance?

You can actually come to Thaurissan. Lots of malaysians , thais , singaporeans , aussies.

Im on Thaurissan with 290-330ms w/o tunnels.

• 1 month later...

Currently..i am stuck with ALLIANCE population base that control WG every 3 out of 4 times.

Frostmourne is good as well..

We win WG even with Allys having Tenacity...ROFL..

Same with Jubei'Thos. Horde wins around 5/6 times. Eventually they overrun us though as they start off with tons of heavy siege vehicles and basically storm the fortress in under 5 minutes. Then it's back to consecutive wins for horde again.

I'd also recommend Jubei'Thos as a guild if you live in Thailand. There is a very large Malaysian and Singaporean population on our server so there's lots of choices for guilds that raid at our times. I'm in an SG guild at the moment that raids 8pm my time 3 days a week, so it's perfect. Players from Perth are in these guilds frequently as well.

• 3 weeks later...

hey WoW players

I've been playing since 2006. Would be great to have a Thailand based guild somewhere (well in Thailand I guess).

I have major lag issues in Bangkok. I have Buddy Broadband 2mbit.

Same with Jubei'Thos. Horde wins around 5/6 times. Eventually they overrun us though as they start off with tons of heavy siege vehicles and basically storm the fortress in under 5 minutes. Then it's back to consecutive wins for horde again.

I'd also recommend Jubei'Thos as a guild if you live in Thailand. There is a very large Malaysian and Singaporean population on our server so there's lots of choices for guilds that raid at our times. I'm in an SG guild at the moment that raids 8pm my time 3 days a week, so it's perfect. Players from Perth are in these guilds frequently as well.

• 1 month later...

hey WoW players

I've been playing since 2006. Would be great to have a Thailand based guild somewhere (well in Thailand I guess).

I have major lag issues in Bangkok. I have Buddy Broadband 2mbit.

I usually got like 350ms in the afternoon and 500~700 at night on US servers. It's playable but suffers a great deal in PVP.

There is nothing much you can do about it unless you transfer to Oceanic servers.

• 1 month later...

I usually got like 350ms in the afternoon and 500~700 at night on US servers. It's playable but suffers a great deal in PVP.

There is nothing much you can do about it unless you transfer to Oceanic servers.

I'm on an Oceanic server (Saurfang). They're no better as they're also hosted in the US, though there have been rumors of the servers migrating to Singapore.

I get 300-500ms pings during the day and 500-700ms in the evenings. The issue is during raids- with a 10man I get up to 1000ms and I was disconnected from the last ICC25man I did 6 times before Lady Deathwhisper so finally gave up. I've since increased my connection speed but haven't yet gone back to try a full-on ICC raid as I hate to be 'that guy' who is always DC'd during fights.

Who the heck would play World of Warcraft in Thailand. The kind of

people who play that are geeks who have nothing else going for them apart

from a fictional video game character they have trained to level 80 and spend

most of their time wasting on this average game.

I am not speaking with no experience here, tried the game and have

completed the more classy warcraft 2 and 3 (i know they are different kind

of games from wow).

Give me Final Fantasy (check my avatar) or Metal Gear Solid any day.

Edited by kevozman1

Who the heck would play World of Warcraft in Thailand. The kind of

people who play that are geeks who have nothing else going for them apart

from a fictional video game character

Give me Final Fantasy (check my avatar) or Metal Gear Solid any day.

Translated: don't be a loser by playing that game, come and be a winner by playing my even more obscure game! =)

^Difference is that the games I mentioned are just games that you

play when you have nothing else to do if ownest. A large percentage of

WOW players make their game of choice like a lifestyle where real life

situations evolve around getting back to their sad little fictional world.

Some people play WOW for 8 - 10 hours a day for months!!!!

Obscure, excuse me Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Sold are classics

my man.

Yeah some people play WoW every day but it's a minority. The problem starts if you roll several characters- then you wind up doing the same things over and over which ultimately is futile as with the new expansion packs there is always better stuff coming out around the corner.

These days if you raid in a guild you only need to play twice a week for 2-3hours.

I thought you mean the online/live versions of those games. It doesn't compare to play solo vs an MMO- totally different experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All;

One of my boys is very keen player of World of Warcraft and I would like to start buying the 2 month or 3 month pre-paid cards for him to play instead of using credit car for unlimited access. I am curious where I can buy them, I have checked B2S as I read online that they were selling them but as of today I could not find them in B2S.

Any suggestions on where I can buy one?

Thanks

C

• 1 month later...

I've managed to play on Fizzcrank without too much problems. My biggest hurdle is that I keep trying to play Tuesday nights here when Blizzard does their weekly maintenance. D'oh! Old age will do that to you.

Cheers!

Khun Bdin

Alliance Warlock