World Of Warcraft Thailand Guild For Foreigners

simonsimon

I'm on the Oceanic Khaz'goroth server and rarely have any latency/lag issues using True internet here in Bangkok.....also use 3BB at my place in Pattaya but have some issues there from time to time. Horde player here as well and think a "farang" guild would be a great idea! rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I live in Bangkok but play on a U.S server, Im in the top raiding guild on our server and raid 8 am to 11am Wednesday to Friday. I prefer morning raiding for multiple reasons. Most important is peak time is evenings in Bangkok so lag becomes a problem, 8am there is no lag. Also I dont get home until 9pm so would always be running late.

I like the idea of a Thailand guild, we tried it with Warhammer online and it kind of fell apart.... problem is I need to be in a top raiding guild or I have no interest, and like I said raiding in the evenings during peak times would be a problem.

You can buy game crads at i27 on the 4th floor MBK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Anybody have really bad latency recently (4.0.3 patch)? The game is unplayable for me :(

I am playing in Khazgoroth server using 3BB ISP.

When did you start playing WoW in Thailand?

Been playing since TBC and thru WotLK with 250-350 ping ingame and with Vent, no tunneling i.e. lowerping.

Stopped playing for a month, bought presale Cata digital download, logged-in, game patched to 4.0.3.

AT BEST, my toon starts at 500ping then spikes to 2-3k. Unplayable. I am on ToT ISP, Chonburi.

WoW forum board says other players experiencing the same thing and could be that the ISPs are throttling WoW data (interprets them as p2p packets).

Not sure. Would be good to know if other players, maybe Bangkok, are experiencing the same or is this just a (temporary) localized problem with the ISP (ToT).

Hello,

Anybody have really bad latency recently (4.0.3 patch)? The game is unplayable for me :(

I am playing in Khazgoroth server using 3BB ISP.

When did you start playing WoW in Thailand?

Been playing since TBC and thru WotLK with 250-350 ping ingame and with Vent, no tunneling i.e. lowerping.

Stopped playing for a month, bought presale Cata digital download, logged-in, game patched to 4.0.3.

AT BEST, my toon starts at 500ping then spikes to 2-3k. Unplayable. I am on ToT ISP, Chonburi.

WoW forum board says other players experiencing the same thing and could be that the ISPs are throttling WoW data (interprets them as p2p packets).

Not sure. Would be good to know if other players, maybe Bangkok, are experiencing the same or is this just a (temporary) localized problem with the ISP (ToT).

hey thanks for the reply. good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I am just here in Bangkok for work and started playing WoW last month (before 4.0.3a). I also get 250-350ms latency without tunneling services. But now when i login i sometimes get up to the 20k+ ms which is really ridiculous. Hopefully today's maintenance fixes this as I don't want to buy Cata and not be able to play at all :(

Problem persists after the weekly maintenance.

Tried tunneling via lowerping and wowtunnels.

Ping dropped from 3k to 250-280 using lowerping. With wowtunnels, 250-350.

I'll probably go with lowerping although it costs more ($Aus 8) vs wowtunnel's USD3.

The only hassle is WoW's new security feature that blocks the account and forces a password change whenever it detects an IP change from login (happens when you try different servers from the tunneling service).

If this happens often, the account is flagged and some players have reported of accounts being blocked from 3hrs to 3days.

Frankly speaking, this is too much hassle for a game and I wouldn't have gone thru all of this if I haven't pre-purchased Cata and 6months game time.

Problem persists after the weekly maintenance.

Tried tunneling via lowerping and wowtunnels.

Ping dropped from 3k to 250-280 using lowerping. With wowtunnels, 250-350.

I'll probably go with lowerping although it costs more ($Aus 8) vs wowtunnel's USD3.

The only hassle is WoW's new security feature that blocks the account and forces a password change whenever it detects an IP change from login (happens when you try different servers from the tunneling service).

If this happens often, the account is flagged and some players have reported of accounts being blocked from 3hrs to 3days.

Frankly speaking, this is too much hassle for a game and I wouldn't have gone thru all of this if I haven't pre-purchased Cata and 6months game time.

Ugh... was hoping theyd fix the connection issues during the weekly maintenance. I may be forced to use tunneling services. :( Thanks for the info.

Btw, which server are you on?

I also had bad lag for a few weeks but its pretty much cleared up now. I play on a U.S. server, was so bad couldnt stay connected on boss pulls in raids at all, but it sorted itself out and now I'm golden. Was raiding fine for 6 months before that on my new isp. Something changed... and then got fixed. No idea what.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here know how the lag is when playing on European realms?

Everyone I know who plays this lives in Europe and I'd like to play with some friends.

I have installed a 10-day trial but can only choose US or oceanic realms.

As far as I can see, to try playing with European realms I will need to install the European client. Any workaround I found is blocked by Blizzard at login saying I am in the wrong region.

Or is there any way to play on any realm you want?

If the lag makes it unplayable I'll stick with oceanic but I really wanna try it.

I'm on 6mbit 3BB.

Cheers,

Basch

People keep asking where to buy. I27 in MBK has all online games that hit the market, I even ordered my collectors edition for cataclysm and got it right before servers opened for xpac. Cant promote I27 enough, the owner is a great guy that gets shit done. They also sell game cards and its the same price as paying monthly online.

People keep asking where to buy. I27 in MBK has all online games that hit the market, I even ordered my collectors edition for cataclysm and got it right before servers opened for xpac. Cant promote I27 enough, the owner is a great guy that gets shit done. They also sell game cards and its the same price as paying monthly online.

I dun really get why anyone would wanna buy it in a shop unless u care about owning the box of course.

Just download it digitally from Blizzard and pay, simple as sausage and there are so many payment options ranging from old-fashiopned bank transfers to credit cards and paypal that there really isn't any reason not to be able to pay ;)

Basch

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone I know who plays this lives in Europe and I'd like to play with some friends.

As far as I can see, to try playing with European realms I will need to install the European client. Any workaround I found is blocked by Blizzard at login saying I am in the wrong region.

If the lag makes it unplayable I'll stick with oceanic but I really wanna try it.

I'm on 6mbit 3BB.

Cheers,

Basch

Mate, i'm playing on EU server atm with the promising latency of 250-400ms i will tell you the trick:

1) Use the internet with at least 1mb uploading. Downloading aint much a bottleneck but i would prefer download 6mb+

2) Use this script. Trust me it isnt a scam or you can try regedit your own tcpicpfrequency thing. (which i forgot the details) Goggle "latrix latency fix" and find it yourself.

3) Use tunnelling service like lowerping,etc. I used smoothping/WTfast myself, think WTfast is good one. Not sure about lowerping.

4) Use better PC, i mean now i would recommend GT9600+ and at least quad core processor and 4mb ram

I'm on Darkmoon Faire EU. I do think my method also work fine with US server.

I'm on 6mbit 3BB.

Cheers,

Basch

Mate, i'm playing on EU server atm with the promising latency of 250-400ms i will tell you the trick:

1) Use the internet with at least 1mb uploading. Downloading aint much a bottleneck but i would prefer download 6mb+

2) Use this script. Trust me it isnt a scam or you can try regedit your own tcpicpfrequency thing. (which i forgot the details) Goggle "latrix latency fix" and find it yourself.

3) Use tunnelling service like lowerping,etc. I used smoothping/WTfast myself, think WTfast is good one. Not sure about lowerping.

4) Use better PC, i mean now i would recommend GT9600+ and at least quad core processor and 4mb ram

I'm on Darkmoon Faire EU. I do think my method also work fine with US server.

Hi there,

I am now on Balnazzar PvP EU and in the meantime things look much better here but thx for the advice.

I got myself 8Mbit down/1mbit upload(3bb) and also am using the latrix latency fix(didn't do much I think but still good I'm sure) and, here it comes, reducethelag.exe from reducethelag.com and that brought me down to 280ms lag, at any time, constantly. They currently only have an experimental EU server and told me they are working on a better one which might speed things up a bit more eventually but like I said, 280ms constant is pretty darn good I'd say.

Quite impressed with it especially because it also killed my other main problem: Logging in taking waaaay too many attempts, before, up to 10 mins., now always first try ;)

What also helped was getting rid of 3bb's crappy free billion router and getting a Dlink. Another world.

As for setup, I have an i7 3.x Ghz with 6GB DDR3 Ram and GTX 460 1 GB , both slightly oc'ed.

Cheers,

Basch.

Hi there,

I am now on Balnazzar PvP EU and in the meantime things look much better here but thx for the advice.

I got myself 8Mbit down/1mbit upload(3bb) and also am using the latrix latency fix(didn't do much I think but still good I'm sure) and, here it comes, reducethelag.exe from reducethelag.com and that brought me down to 280ms lag, at any time, constantly. They currently only have an experimental EU server and told me they are working on a better one which might speed things up a bit more eventually but like I said, 280ms constant is pretty darn good I'd say.

Quite impressed with it especially because it also killed my other main problem: Logging in taking waaaay too many attempts, before, up to 10 mins., now always first try ;)

What also helped was getting rid of 3bb's crappy free billion router and getting a Dlink. Another world.

As for setup, I have an i7 3.x Ghz with 6GB DDR3 Ram and GTX 460 1 GB , both slightly oc'ed.

Cheers,

Basch.

Yea glad to see you're able to play just like me. Things happened to me years ago since i was back graduating from UK, and cannot bare to play WoW EU at all in Bangkok now it's all good.

I heard True connection to internet is better than 3BB. But if u constantly getting 280ms then may be 3BB is better :P (I get fluctuate 250-400) or may be because reducethelag is better but i doubt. (May be it's because True, as we all know it's shared internet and 3BB still get less customer than True) 1mb upload is the key really, if you still use 512k then it wont be that nice to play. Latrix latency help a lot actually if u're using WindowXP, but i barely see marginal difference using Window7 but surely it helped.

I havent get problem to signup using wtfast or smoothping. They have mutilpule EU servers, WTfast get 5. Smoothping get 2.

Yah crappy router need to be change. I cant live with what they been giving to me as well. Dlink is another world seriously!

PC is also important as now it's mainly affect your latency and if u dont have good com u prolly cant raid. I have i5 2.X something with 8GB DDR3 Ram and GTX470, waiting to upgrade new chip this year as the new model going to be in XD.

Tajz

• 1 month later...

Hello, my name is Bon and I have been playing wow for the past 6 years.

What a coincidence! I am also in Balnazzar server. I have 8 active characters and 2 lvl 85 with decent GS.

i am looking for a guild that has a decent raid time for people like me who lives in thailand.

in balnazzar horde server my active characters are : Taksap, Takas, Tianwei, Chaikee, Bonatius,

please contact me or you can send me email to my email at : [email protected]

hope we can raid together, or at least do heroics together

Bon

• 5 months later...

Hello, my name is Bon and I have been playing wow for the past 6 years.

What a coincidence! I am also in Balnazzar server. I have 8 active characters and 2 lvl 85 with decent GS.

i am looking for a guild that has a decent raid time for people like me who lives in thailand.

in balnazzar horde server my active characters are : Taksap, Takas, Tianwei, Chaikee, Bonatius,

please contact me or you can send me email to my email at : [email protected]

hope we can raid together, or at least do heroics together

Bon

Hi, I only just saw this now, do u still play? I am still on Balnazzar

• 5 months later...