Www.fivestarvillasandcondos.com

cessnock

Hi everyone.....need some advice?

In April 2008 I was contacted by Robert Watson from www.Fivestarvillasandcondos.com in Jomtien, Pattaya through Thaivisa. Robert Watson (owner) offered me a villa rental at View Talay Villas, Jomtien, Pattaya for Dec 2008. Mr Watson sent me the contract which I signed, returned and paid two deposits totaling 36000 baht. Everything was fine,....I thought... as we had been in regular contact via email since April.

On the 27th Nov 2008 at the Emirates check in desk in Glasgow, we were told our flights from UK were cancelled due to the PAD protests. My family were so upset especially my three boys who were crying, we had this all planned for so long. I contacted five star villas and condos via email and telephone about the situation but they have ignored my emails and telephone calls. I am concerned that I have been well and truelly ripped off, I do hope I`m wrong.

Any advice would be great.

Cessnock

I can understand you are upset, but naming and shaming here, because of something neither Emirates nor the villa rental agency had anything to do with, is not the way to solve things. IMHO

Read the contract fine print, and take it from there. Give it time, be reasonable. It is not just you who has a problem with this.

Hi everyone.....need some advice?

In April 2008 I was contacted by Robert Watson from www.Fivestarvillasandcondos.com in Jomtien, Pattaya through Thaivisa. Robert Watson (owner) offered me a villa rental at View Talay Villas, Jomtien, Pattaya for Dec 2008. Mr Watson sent me the contract which I signed, returned and paid two deposits totaling 36000 baht. Everything was fine,....I thought... as we had been in regular contact via email since April.

On the 27th Nov 2008 at the Emirates check in desk in Glasgow, we were told our flights from UK were cancelled due to the PAD protests. My family were so upset especially my three boys who were crying, we had this all planned for so long. I contacted five star villas and condos via email and telephone about the situation but they have ignored my emails and telephone calls. I am concerned that I have been well and truelly ripped off, I do hope I`m wrong.

Any advice would be great.

Cessnock

I am very sorry for your predicament. I can't offer any help but please don't think that you have been ripped off. Every business in Thailand concerned in tourism is suffering losses because of circumstances beyond their control; I doubt that by not returning your deposit they profit to any great extent. When things get back on to an even keel the same people will be intent on restoring their businesses in the tourist industry which will take a long time and may prove to be impossible in many cases. My advise is to stay cool, hope for the best and plan for the worst. You presumably have credit with the airline and Mr Watson, which is a start. Finally, cold comfort perhaps, can you find some input from tourists who were already here when the .... hit the fan. I hope that that doesn't upset you but it could be worse, it could always be worse!