New Immigration Rules?

I noticed immigration posted some guidelines in Thai on its website. It is in Thai and at least one seems to be to replace the current rule of police order 606/2549.

Can anyone who can read Thai shine more light on this?

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...;section=notice

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...;section=notice

a bit mean for the emmigration not to announce it well in advance (say half a year) to give to the travel agents all over the world and not to translate it to english and the other languages.

some travellers will be supriced and their travel plans messed up

ok thanks,so this is for people entering thailand without prior visa,not for people inside thailand already who are doing a border run say on a multiple entry tourist visa?

Think before the speculation gets out hand, should wait and let somebody read it properly and answer that question, but think it would be safe in saying this will not apply to someone with a proper visa.

Based on current events going on and the impact its had on toursim, think you may find a law like this will be subject to a U-turn anyway, would guess they would be wanting as many toursit in here for a long as possible to start re-couping lost toursit money

Apparently it also says:

Allien men married to a Thai Lady the rule is reverting back to pre October 2006.

The applicant needs 40,000 Baht monthly income OR 400,000 Baht in the bank for 2 months previous.

The money or income has to be the man's NOT the Wife or a combination.

I stress that this is my Wife reading this and we really need a proper translation.

My Wife had a look and tells me that anyone entering from a neighbouring border will only get 15 days entry.

This could explain the Andaman post.

Hopefully we can get a better translation from somewhere as she is having difficulty trying to explain it.

I will assume it's for visa exempt stamps.

Sounds logical to me, first 90 days over 6 months.

Only waiting for the Penang stamp to come back "Do not ever apply for tourist visa in Penang again"

My Wife had a look and tells me that anyone entering from a neighbouring border will only get 15 days entry.

This could explain the Andaman post.

Hopefully we can get a better translation from somewhere as she is having difficulty trying to explain it.

I will assume it's for visa exempt stamps

Yes if it is in fact correct.

Apparently it also says:

Allien men married to a Thai Lady the rule is reverting back to pre October 2006.

The applicant needs 40,000 Baht monthly income OR 400,000 Baht in the bank for 2 months previous.

The money or income has to be the man's NOT the Wife or a combination.

I stress that this is my Wife reading this and we really need a proper translation.

Please please tell me I can put 400.000 in bank and not pay taxes anymore.

excited001.gif

There could very well be reasons to be optimistic. Wait a couple of months to see what tourism looks like and how many farangs are forced to leave because of currency crashes. I have no idea how many farangs have to leave because they can no longer meet the financial requirements but it has to be enough for the government to at least take notice of it.

This does appear to be a new Police Order referring to all extensions.

Until we have a proper translation there is not a lot of point in speculating.

So I am going to close it. If anyone can translate some or all of it please start a new thread .