Attn: Bangkok Cyclists

mr_hippo

Just a thought - anyone interested in the 1st Annual Hippo Christmas Cycle Rde?

Date - I was thinking about the Sunday before Christmas (21st) or the one after (28th)

Distance - possibly between 25 & 30kms

Pace - easy, we'll go as fast as the slowest!

Hills? None!

Start point and route - to be decided. It will have to be a place where we can all easily get to then I can plan the route.

Stops - frequent. If one wants to stop to take photos or rest for a mo then we all will!

Date - I was thinking about the Sunday before Christmas (21st) or the one after (28th)

Hills? None!

Start point and route - to be decided. It will have to be a place where we can all easily get to then I can plan the route.

Stops - frequent. If one wants to stop to take photos or rest for a mo then we all will!

I would have been very interested but am away over Xmas - what about early in the New Year to recover?

Edited by Tyke

Hills? None!

Well, it wouldn't be the 1st Annual Hippo Christmas Cycle Ride, but there is already

an event the weekend before Christmas. On 19 December The Tour de Thailand

(a charity bike tour) will depart Ayutthaya and head into Bangkok stopping off at

the Bang Pa-In Palace for lunch there will also be various other rest stops along the

way. The last time was done was in 2006 and there was a great turnout of more than 80 cyclists. This year they are hoping to have more than 100 cyclists!

Find out more here

http://www.bangkokbikehash.org/Specials/TdeTAyutthaya.html

Perhaps see some TV folks there?

Well, it wouldn't be the 1st Annual Hippo Christmas Cycle Ride...

Wouldn't it? As far as I know, I am the only cyclist known as either 'Hippo' or 'Mr Hippo' in Thailand but if you know of anyone else who uses that nickname, please tell me. It will be the first and if successful, there will be more!

I would have been very interested but am away over Xmas - what about early in the New Year to recover?

That's a good idea - should we put it back to either the 4th or 11th of Jan? I have planned a provisional route - it will be a Sunday morning so traffic will be light and there will be something for everyone. It's about 20kms, I'll ride the route next time I have a lazy ride!

Wow. I'd be up for biking as well. I'm visiting family by Pratunam on Jan 4th and 5th and looking to bike thru the city. Last year, I was there I biked partially from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai for 3 days. It was great and I lost some weight. After that bike ride, I gave up smoking, too. Is there anything going on during those dates or if any recommended groups to check out. Thanks.

Well, it wouldn't be the 1st Annual Hippo Christmas Cycle Ride...

Wouldn't it? As far as I know, I am the only cyclist known as either 'Hippo' or 'Mr Hippo' in Thailand but if you know of anyone else who uses that nickname, please tell me. It will be the first and if successful, there will be more!

That's a good idea - should we put it back to either the 4th or 11th of Jan? I have planned a provisional route - it will be a Sunday morning so traffic will be light and there will be something for everyone. It's about 20kms, I'll ride the route next time I have a lazy ride!

Any time in Jan is fine with me