Tabian Ban Entyry For Farang

punisher

Hi there,is it possible for non thais to get an enty into the housepapers[tabian ban],and if yes what is required?My gf bought a condo and I would like to appear in the housepapers

If you live there, your name can/should be put on the tabien baan.

If you rent a property, you can ask the owner to have your name put on the tabien baan. This often makes it easier when dealing with Thai companies/government officials.

Hi there,is it possible for non thais to get an enty into the housepapers[tabian ban],and if yes what is required?My gf bought a condo and I would like to appear in the housepapers

If you rent a property, you can ask the owner to have your name put on the tabien baan. This often makes it easier when dealing with Thai companies/government officials.

ok thank u for the information,but what documents are required?

Sorry, I've never actually done it. Which means that whenever I needed to register a pickup or bike or get ADSL installed, I had to have copies of (1) my passport, (2) the house owner's tabien baan and (3) the house owner's Thai ID card.

Those 3 things will usually get most things done at government/company offices, and most landlords don't have a problem supplying the copies.

Since the house was bought by your g/f, I would assume that her name is on the tabien baan. So it should be straightforward for her to add your name to it.

Sorry, I've never actually done it. Which means that whenever I needed to register a pickup or bike or get ADSL installed, I had to have copies of (1) my passport, (2) the house owner's tabien baan and (3) the house owner's Thai ID card.

Those 3 things will usually get most things done at government/company offices, and most landlords don't have a problem supplying the copies.

Since the house was bought by your g/f, I would assume that her name is on the tabien baan. So it should be straightforward for her to add your name to it.

Interesting. My wife (actually married!) owns the house and she's the lead on the tambien ban, with several hangers on, khun assi. I asked at the local amphur a couple years back about adding my name to the blue tambien ban for just the reasons you cite. No can do, was the answer. So I gathered up my/our documents and got my own Yellow tambien ban in my name, reference to her's, of course.

Mac

As thanyaburimac said, you can get your own yellow Tabien Baan. When I got mine for our house which is in my wife's name, I got a certificate of residency from immigration (I believe you have to get that from your embassy/consulate now) and took that, my passport, copy of marriage license (don't know it was required but I had it and they took it) along with my wife, her blue Tabien Baan, and ID card to the amphur. Process was straight forward from there; no question about it being authorized or not. I really think the marriage license helped.

As JetsetBkk said, this is a useful document to use many places. I have even used it as back up to my driver's license to get in places at the local rate rather than paying tourist fees.