Weather In Samui At The Moment?

jonaz

I land in Bangkok on Tuesday (9th Dec) and was wondering what the weather is like there at the moment? Looking at the forecast it's not too good?

I'll be going to the full moon party on the 12th before flying to Phuket on 14th but don't really fancy going to an all night beach party if it's going to be wet and windy.

Is the weather usually bad in December in Samui?

Jon.

Sorry for the confuzion. I'll be staying in Samui for 5 nights and getting the Boat across to Haad Rin on the Friday night. I was there in February and liked it a lot which is why I'm returning on my way down to Phuket.

I wasn't aware that Samui had different seasons to other parts of Thailand. Looks like I might just catch the start of the high season from what I hear.

and just as the weather looked like it was improving, it is again black skies and rain today :D

...it's the rainy season, which lasts until January. Some years it is harmless, some years very intense.

Every turists web site end the raining season in november.... :o

But i remember that beginning of December is always bad weather, so maybe it's time to inform the turist that they will get rain in high season with rooms 50% mor expensive than last month :D

BTW, forecast are also cold, never saw such low temp on Samui.

Do I need to come with winter cloths? :D

and just as the weather looked like it was improving, it is again black skies and rain today :D

...it's the rainy season, which lasts until January. Some years it is harmless, some years very intense.

But i remember that beginning of December is always bad weather, so maybe it's time to inform the turist that they will get rain in high season with rooms 50% mor expensive than last month :D

FYI: the high season in USM lasts from middle of January to middle of October and this because of the North Eastern/Eastern monsum in Nov and Dec.

FYI: the high season in USM lasts from middle of January to middle of October and this because of the North Eastern/Eastern monsum in Nov and Dec.

Beg to differ.Samui has high & low seasons.Check any hotel website. January to October :D

one of the reasons i love samui is the uncertainty of what i'm going to get, if i want sun all day long i'd go to goa dec-april and be guaranteed blue skies and zero clouds, when on samui i never know what i'm going to wake up to and i like that (unless i haven't got an umbrella that is!)

Beg to differ.Samui has high & low seasons.Check any hotel website. January to October :D

Before the high season was mid January until Easter and mid July until end of August, but this changed. Now May and September belong also to the strongest months.

No hotel website tells you that.

Beg to differ.Samui has high & low seasons.Check any hotel website. January to October

Rip off price = peak season.

Taxis must have peak season year around.

greensmilies-024.gif

Xmas and new year is the most expensive time, which is getting therefore more and more avoided by average tourists.

And here I thought we were talking about the weather....

Weather is nice :o ,no one talks about nice weather.

Well, the big waves should give some people something to complain about, at least :D

anyone think they can predict what the weather will be like the week of christmas this year in KPG??? :o

Girl X,it's what you make of it, regardless of the weather . Have a great time.