Thai Ice Cream On Hotdog Bun

Aswin

Have you tried it ? Its good.

My favourite flavor is coconut ice cream, ingredients include Millet, corn, basil seeds, red beans, black beans boiled with syrup, and laht chong, a bright green noodle flavoured and coloured with pandanus leaves.

And since lactose doesn't occur in coconut milk, large quantities of coconut-based ice cream can be consumed without the irritating side effects produced by dairy ice cream. :o

This one is mango-coconut ice cream with sweet sticky rice on a bun. yum, yum...

ice%20cream.JPG

Edited by Aswin

ahh it's disgusting, nothing worse than soggy bread, and if it's not soggy then it aint bread, a big thumbs down from me, it even looks wrong...

I've got a great idea, lets stick some pad thai in a bowl of strawberries :o

I hope you haven't just got home after a night out and got stuck into the ice cream on soggy bread! (where's the vomiting emoticon??)

Edited by KohKarrang

My favourite flavor is coconut ice cream, ingredients include Millet, corn, basil seeds, red beans, black beans boiled with syrup, and laht chong, a bright green noodle flavoured and coloured with pandanus leaves.

If 'bread'(it's not ready bread, it's something sinister masquerading as bread) wasn't involved or mentioned then I would think you're suggesting quite an elegant desert but unfortunatley 'bread'(or should I say 'hot dog bun') is involved so like I said before, a big thumbs down, especially as I've tasted some very nice deserts in my life and ice cream in a crappy hot dog bun doesn't do it, quite frankly.

(enter vomiting emoticon here)

OK, you don't like it. I got it already. :o

diferent strokes for different folks...

don't knock the bun and the rice! Bun == soft waffle, and the rice, well, ever have really good rice pudding? Same deal!

Edited by Aswin

Durian ice cream is wonderful...

King of the fruit.. and fruit for the King!

For people who cannot stand the fruit "itself";

try it frozen...

I did try it frozen. In Ice cream. Initial split-second tease of ice cream, then reverted back to reality with the same disgusting taste, and after taste - of that evil creation known as durian.

Durian is completely evil. Each to their own etc - but the people that I meet who tell me to 'try it again, you obviously had a bad one before - it is wonderful' should be committed. End of story.

The ice cream thingy in a bun by the OP looks worth a try though.....

That looks really really rank! I love Thai food, but some of their desserts, esp the Western influenced ones, are weird beyond belief!

I took a coupon for KFC corn sundae to my Thai school in London recently.. The teachers held it up and said "aroi mai?" the whole class looked repelled and shook their heads.

try it frozen...

I bought some durian in London recently and froze it over the weekend before taking it to work on Monday.. It was in a sealed platic box wrapped in 3 carrier bags and still stank the office out! Had to dispose of it on a floor where no one knew me!

try it frozen...

I bought some durian in London recently and froze it over the weekend before taking it to work on Monday.. It was in a sealed platic box wrapped in 3 carrier bags and still stank the office out! Had to dispose of it on a floor where no one knew me!

What does durian smell like?

try it frozen...

SH!T

try it frozen...

Hard to describe and it varies depending on the level of ripeness/putrifaction.

When it's fresh, it's a bit like that strong smell you sometimes get in hairdressing salons. When it's off, its a bit like marsh gas mixed with pickled onions.

You really need to experience it. It's unlike anything else. We sometimes eat blue cheese in the office which is maybe 1% as offensive as the durian.

:D

You're being far too kind in describing the smell.

There's a long list of rank, putrid, horrifying smells that I can think of - and I would still prefer any of them to the slightest waft of evil durian.......

I'm never ever surprised to check into a local hotel anywhere throughout Asia, and see a sign hanging up behind the reception desk with Durian & a big red cross through it.... No wonder hotels ban it. :o

:D

You're being far too kind in describing the smell.

There's a long list of rank, putrid, horrifying smells that I can think of - and I would still prefer any of them to the slightest waft of evil durian.......

I'm never ever surprised to check into a local hotel anywhere throughout Asia, and see a sign hanging up behind the reception desk with Durian & a big red cross through it.... No wonder hotels ban it. :o

When I was in Singapore I saw no durians signs in the tube stations and I thought it was some kind of weapon LOL...

i had the misfortune to walk past some durian today... to me it smells like bus toilets... tried it once and it was like chewing on turds. makes me totally ill to even think about it.

p.s. does anyone know if it is true that if you mix durian with alcohol it can kill you???

Edited by girlx

i had the misfortune to walk past some durian today... to me it smells like bus toilets... tried it once and it was like chewing on turds. makes me totally ill to even think about it.

p.s. does anyone know if it is true that if you mix durian with alcohol it can kill you???

How do you know ? :o