For A Friend

Jockstar

Hi girls. Hope you can maybe help a friend of mine out. She is English and has a Thai husband. She was wondering what visa she should apply for husband to goto the Uk. And how easy will it be for her? ie Tourist or spouse. Sorry if this is a bit vague but she was just asking me in passing. I said i would ask here for her. I could have put this in the visa section. But i thought maybe some of you would have some experience. Thanks on advance. What would she have to do?

When you say go to the UK.....is it for good or just for a visit??? If they are just visiting, then a tourist visa would be easier. If they intend to live there, then a spouse visa would be better. It may take a while...but its better to be safe than sorry.

Maybe you should ask her to check with the British embassy or with the Scouser, he seems to know a lot about this!

Good luck!

If they are intending to settle in the UK then he needs a residency visa, really quite simple to get if you have all the right paperwork (I can post a list of our process tomorrow) If it's a visitor visa then it's harder as they have to show he has sufficient funds to support himself in the UK as well as a reason to return to Thailand, such as property, a business, job etc. This is actually quite hard to prove in most cases & providing proof of your relationship can get hard as well, you have to be creative. We provided phone bills in his name for a year & half & samui cable bills in my name for 2 years at the same address & that was about all we had to prove that we have known each other for 3 years. As it was they only counted us as a couple for 1 1/2 years as that was the paperwork we could provide!! :o

I'll post more tomorrow on the residency visa app, but if you can ask her for more specifics, as as the others have said, scouse is the resident expert on all thinkgs UK visa.