New Teacher

thewilster

We have an Engish lad wanting to teach at our school. He will complete his TEFL course soon at KKU.

Looking at new rules. He needs a temporary teaching licence. First you must teach in Thailand for one year to get the licence, also you can't get the licence without a WP. You can't get a WP without a licence and you can't get a visa without a licence and without a WP you can't get a visa.

Confused? Beats the s##t out of me.

Any help for him?

:o:D:D:D

Do you work for a government school or a language center and what type of visa does your new hire hold? If its a government school, does your new hire have a bachelor's degree?

There's no requirement for a TL, although some provincial immigration offices have tried to impose such a rule prior to issuing a new Non-B to a newly-hired teacher. As for the WP, his teaching contract, class schedule and usual school documents are all you should need, along with the payment, completed forms and photos.

If they are insisting on a temporary teacher's license, I believe there is a mechanism for the school obtaining this with a letter to the MOE.

Thanks for your info. No he does not have a BA. As I understand, he can get a TL without a WP, is this so?
Never know for sure. Depends upon the whims and ignorance of your local officers in Immigration, Labour, and Education. In Isaan, maybe anything's possible. Good luck. You could ask for this thread to be transferred to visas/work permit, or even the Teaching forum.