Honda Czi

Lancelot

Well, since I received my white plate and Green Book, there was only one thing to do - ride to Koh Chang :o

My gf rode passenger and a smallish back nestled in the step-through area.

I left Pattaya and headed towards Rayong via Route 331. Its a nice drive and not much traffic. Turned onto Rt. 3 and west of Rayong and continued all the way to the Rt. 3 - Rt. 3156 intersection west of Trad. Took Rt. 3156 to the Laem Ngob ferry and paid B280 baht for round trip tickets to Koh Chang. Passengers pay B60; motor bike B20 each way.

The little CZi performed well on the hills of Koh Chang, but several times I shifted down to first gear to keep the engine reved and avoid "lugging" it.

We spent two nights at Paddy's Irish Pub, White Sands beach near the eastern edge of the town. Great room, friendly staff at B800/night. On the third day we headed down to Lonely Beach and stayed two nights in a B400 bungalo at "Nature Resort." Great beach, very reasonably priced food at the restaurant there and a two minute walk to the beach.

Headed back White Sands beach on day five and stayed at Paddy's again. Had a DELICIOUS seafood supper right on the beach (eastern end, roughly opposite the Buffalo Bar.

Headed back to Pattaya on day six, again taking Rt. 3 to Rayong, then Rt. 36 to Pattya.

I now have about 2,350 kms on the bike and my average Km/L is 56. I've tracked every dropof fuel and every satang of cost, so I'm pretty confident of the accuracy of that figure. When I bought the bike in Sep, I payed 26.89/L for Gasohol 91. My last fill up was 17.49/L. The tank is 3.7 L but even when below empty, I struggle to get 50 baht in the tank at todays prices.

Koh Chang was full of automatics and I noticed that the Yamaha Nouvos did well on the hills. I did see one couple on a Honda Air Blade get stopped behind a songtaew and unable to move forward on a rather steep hil, the Honda was reving like crazy, but not moving one inch.

I rode my CZi hard on the trip to KC but she seemed to top out at around 100 Kph. It ran well but I am not sure that its anymore powerful/faster than a carbureted Honda Wave 125.

Had a great time and really enjoyed ridding the bike :D

Lance

post-2362-1228459423_thumb.jpg

post-2362-1228459440_thumb.jpg

post-2362-1228459819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lancelot