Most Screwed Up Food Delivery?

surface

Ordered from one of the more well known Mexican restaurants through an online delivery service a couple of days ago.

1. Container marked as having 2 orders of tacos contained just 1. Thankfully the deliver person asked me to check everything (maybe I'm on their list of complainers who usually find things missing from the order) so I was able to deduct it from bill this time.

2. The tacos I did get had a free, and rather tasty pen cap thrown in with the other fillings.

3. Slice of key lime pie came wrapped in tinfoil. Not the best method of transport for this item, especially when it's wrapped extra tight. :o

4. Left the key lime pie in the fridge, waiting for the moment when I'd be hungry enough to lick it off the tinfoil, and that moment came today as I was well pissed from a night out. Remembering my pen cap incident, I took a rather small bite and found a nice big black hair sticking out of the pie. :D

Fittingly this was the most expensive meal I've had delivered. In the past I've sent off any email to the delivery service when things are missing or incorrect, and always received responses from the owner of the restaurant. The problem is I'm usually offered 3 slices of pie with my next order as a remedy, which is more pie than I eat in a year, and more sugar and calories than I want or need. So, I stopped emailing them, and now I'm just going to stop ordering from them after this sickening experience.

Now that I'm drunk AND nauseous I guess it's a good time to hit the hay.

Edited by surface

Similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I ordered two portions of three Tacos and only one portion of them turned up.

I complained and they sent another portion around pretty quickly with apologies.

Much worse than that was when I ordered a roast beef dinner from one of the restaurants via ChefsXp, when it arrived it had somehow morphed into Fish & Chips. I was hungry so I just ate it anyway, and I must say it was very nice.