Soi Kola Surin

expatsurin

It has been implied that Soi Kola has nothing to offer before 10pm and is not safe

due to rip offs and pick pockets.

I find this distressing and untrue as i frequent a very good bar with no proplems,

its run by a German / Thai couple they are very pleasant and they have an extensive

menu of International and Thai foods at good prices.

There is a wide range of products on sale, ie. Beers, Wines and Spirits from around

the world, also an extensive variety of Meats like Bacon , Ham and lots of good

different Sausages all different flavours. And the best Cheeses i have seen for a

long time .

As for the rip offs and pick pockets i have not seen or heard of any such goings

on, and lets not forget that Soi Kola is the Entertainment Area for Surin,

and i find it good to relax and have some fun.

and lets not forget that Soi Kola is the Entertainment Area for Surin,

Thats why I've got a hangover today. A great night out was had by all in Soi Kola (I am told :o )

NOTE TO SELF: Act your age, not your shoe size!

Dave

It has been implied that Soi Kola has nothing to offer before 10pm and is not safe

I find this distressing and untrue as i frequent a very good bar with no proplems,

its run by a German / Thai couple they are very pleasant and they have an extensive

There is a wide range of products on sale, ie. Beers, Wines and Spirits from around

different Sausages all different flavours. And the best Cheeses i have seen for a

long time .

As for the rip offs and pick pockets i have not seen or heard of any such goings

That is very true, Norbies does offer a lot during the daylight hours, but it's also true that the place ( Soi Kola), and Surin as a whole does not come alive til after 22.00. I believe this comment appeared on FC Web-site, and is targeted to the all-nighters that prowl around till the early hours ( Hi Dave), and of course it goes without saying that ' beware of rip-offs and pickpockets' is sound advice to anyone walking into an establishment of ill-repute after a dozen *changs*

That is very true, Norbies does offer a lot during the daylight hours, but it's also true that the place ( Soi Kola), and Surin as a whole does not come alive til after 22.00. I believe this comment appeared on FC Web-site, and is targeted to the all-nighters that prowl around till the early hours ( Hi Dave) , and of course it goes without saying that ' beware of rip-offs and pickpockets' is sound advice to anyone walking into an establishment of ill-repute after a dozen *changs*

Its about time you changed your Frock and shaved your legs BFG :o:D:D

You are right, Norbies is a great bar during the daytime. The beers the best :D

Dave

That is very true, Norbies does offer a lot during the daylight hours, but it's also true that the place ( Soi Kola), and Surin as a whole does not come alive til after 22.00. I believe this comment appeared on FC Web-site, and is targeted to the all-nighters that prowl around till the early hours ( Hi Dave) , and of course it goes without saying that ' beware of rip-offs and pickpockets' is sound advice to anyone walking into an establishment of ill-repute after a dozen *changs*

Dave

To all its good to see a site that people are reading and hope daves hangover gone.

Dave

To all its good to see a site that people are reading and hope daves hangover gone.

It's never gone...........just moved aside for a couple of hours. :D

long time .

Apart from Norby's everywhere else is pretty quiet, come to think of it Norby's is usually pretty quiet also.

I find it better just to get absolutely legless somewhere else first then wander on down to Hard Rock or Oops for deep and meaningful conversations with anyone that will listen.

John..... :o

I find it better just to get absolutely legless somewhere else first then wander on down to Hard Rock or Oops for deep and meaningful conversations with anyone that will listen.

John..... :D

johnsurin AKA Billy-no-mates or Hamsum Man

:o:D:D

Got plenty mates Dave, but most of them are either to drunk to stand or have to be in doors by 10.00 PM, some before it even gets dark.

So, alas, I have to go on the prowl myself. To be honest I don't always go down Kola as they are lots of other little places off the beaten track. As I am sure you know yourself only too well. :D Personally I like the Klong bars for a nice night out with the cantroum music.

John.....

John..... :D

johnsurin AKA Billy-no-mates or Hamsum Man

:o:D:D

Got plenty mates Dave, but most of them are either to drunk to stand or have to be in doors by 10.00 PM, some before it even gets dark.

So, alas, I have to go on the prowl myself. To be honest I don't always go down Kola as they are lots of other little places off the beaten track. As I am sure you know yourself only too well. :D Personally I like the Klong bars for a nice night out with the cantroum music.

John.....

You'll have to let us know how many, " Out of the way, off the beaten tracks, girlie bars" you find in Bagdhad. Come to think of it, you'll prolly understand most of the locals after 22.00. I need a translator here around that time. And that's just for the Brits.

So, alas, I have to go on the prowl myself. To be honest I don't always go down Kola as they are lots of other little places off the beaten track. As I am sure you know yourself only too well. :o Personally I like the Klong bars for a nice night out with the cantroum music.

John.....

You'll have to let us know how many, " Out of the way, off the beaten tracks, girlie bars" you find in Bagdhad. Come to think of it, you'll prolly understand most of the locals after 22.00. I need a translator here around that time. And that's just for the Brits.

Back in the UK at the mo as I need some info from my GP as I had to have a very thorough examination. So after being felt, bled, prodded, poked but fortunately not probed! I'm back here dealing with beauracratic red tape although I might be going back to the US on Sunday, if not then I might make it over to Thailand on boxing day for a short trip.

As for girlie bars in Baghdad I don't think I'll be venturing out for a tipple, but, in Thailand. I simply enjoy the ambiance and culture of Surin's nightlife and totally agree with the OP's statement that soi kola is both, entertaining and safe.

John.....

As for girlie bars in Baghdad I don't think I'll be venturing out for a tipple, but, in Thailand. I simply enjoy the ambiance and culture of Surin's nightlife and totally agree with the OP's statement that soi kola is both, entertaining and safe.

John.....

I agree with you John. :o

I have been known to 'lurk' around there a few times and never had a problem, other than fighting of the hourds of Sexy Girlies :D. Its lucky 'The Ball & Chain' cannot use this PC :D:D

But then again, I don't act like a 2week millionaire. :D

Dave

soi kola is both, entertaining and safe.

John.....

Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I've got to say to you is Speed & Steps. :wai::D :D :D :D

Well big guy I'm flying over on christmas day, I might have a night in Bangers and catch the train up on the 27th. So I'll be able to test out the culture of Soi Kola when I get back. :P:o :jerk:

E.mail me if there's any thing you want bringing over.

John.....

John.....

Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I've got to say to you is Speed & Steps. :D:o:D :D :D

Be very careful on the 27th John, as both Speed and the steps have changed. :wai:

Dave

Yeh Dave they were doing it out last time I was there. I look forward to sticking my head in there with a bottle of sang som when I get back.

Change of plan now I hope to be arriving on the 26th as my mate isn't in Bangkok. He was flying to Thailand during the recent troubles so he sat in Dubai for a few days then decided to divert to Gran Caneria for his hols, just after that the demonstrators left the airport. He is somewhat sickened.......

John.....

John.....

Be very careful on the 27th John, as both Speed and the steps have changed. :wai:

Dave

Yeh Dave they were doing it out last time I was there. I look forward to sticking my head in there with a bottle of sang som when I get back.

Change of plan now I hope to be arriving on the 26th as my mate isn't in Bangkok. He was flying to Thailand during the recent troubles so he sat in Dubai for a few days then decided to divert to Gran Caneria for his hols, just after that the demonstrators left the airport. He is somewhat sickened.......

John.....

So I'll put you down for Turkey Rissoles

Edited by farangconnection

John.....

Be very careful on the 27th John, as both Speed and the steps have changed. :P

Dave

John.....

So I'll put you down for Turkey Rissoles

What are they? You know I don't eat none of that fancy muck.

I won't be able to get there on the 26th, the earliest train I can get will get me in at about 00.10 on the 27th so maybe get this or the first train in the morning. It's all irrelevant now as the wife wanted to surprise her mother, but the womens mafia found out first and have already let her know, so the surprise is well and truly busted. My own fault I guess for mentioning it here.

So I will be seeing you on Saturday afternoon for a few cold ones, and regale all the locals with my harrowing tales from the last few months... :wai:

All the best, see ya soon big guy.

John.....