What Do I Do, Help..................................

I entered Thailand on a 90 day one entry tourist visa than guess what, I met a Thai girl!!!. To get a further month I then went to Malaysia and we then both travelled up north and I got a further month in Laos.

The problem or problems I have is that I would like to stay for 2 more months, however I do not know how many border runs I can do and also my passport runs out in march 09 :o .

So if anybody can help me with suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I am 34 years old and currently have only 3 weeks left on my current visa.

Will applying for a new passport take longer than 3 weeks (probably), will i be able to do more border runs or can i get a 90 day tourist visa in Laos.

I will probably have to go home but thankyou in advance Scully. :D

Edited by Scully

Scully - what nationality are you? If you're British, the passport renewal takes about 2 weeks. Costs in the region of 10,000 Baht though! Regardless of your visa / visa-run options, you'll need your passport to be renewed to do any of them.

Do not expect too much in the way of the Embassy,processing your passport quicker,they are job's worths, :o and as said in the previous post,maybe longer than 3 weeks,a they are all out partying now,and Dec is full of Thai Holidays,and UK holidays alike,of which the staff take.So being realistic work on 4-5 weeks.

Good luck at the Embassy you will need it. :D

you can go to ur embassy and apply for a temp passport and pay a rush fee, ur new passport will be ready in 5 working days. Then u can go to Loas or Camboudia and apply for a dbl entry tourist visa at the embassy of Thailand. there is a new law that they only extend your visa by 15 days if u go for a visa run.

Thankyou for the good advice as I have now applied for a new passport which will arrive on the 23rd of this month (had to take overnight bus the same day as my thread though).

I am sorry to be a pain but I have one more question.

If I apply for a double entry tourist visa in Laos is it a certainty that I get it or may I be refused for some reason. Again I am sorry for so many questions its just I need to know for changing my flight ticket, thanks in advance.

If I apply for a double entry tourist visa in Laos is it a certainty that I get it or may I be refused for some reason. Again I am sorry for so many questions its just I need to know for changing my flight ticket, thanks in advance.

Nobody has reported about being refused.

Yes Vientiane is certain.