Best Way To Take Liquids On Flight.

Eastender

I'm flying to Thailand with a 18 month toddler at the end of this week. I guess the 100ml liquid security restriction still applies to baby's milk? Can I buy baby's milk flight side, say in Boots chemist in Heathrow terminal 3 departure lounge after security? How about during stop over in Abu Dhabi? I guess there's no restriction on pre-made baby's food in plastic tubs?

Any last minute advice for flying with a toddle appreciated.

Thanks,

Robin

The best would be to ingest it and then regurgitate it for your child, like a bird.

But seriously, I suggest the best thing would be to get on the phone with Heathrow to be absolutely sure because you wouldn't to fly with a hungry baby, right? Perhaps some powder or something can be brought on that you can mix.

I'm flying to Thailand with a 18 month toddler at the end of this week. I guess the 100ml liquid security restriction still applies to baby's milk? Can I buy baby's milk flight side, say in Boots chemist in Heathrow terminal 3 departure lounge after security? How about during stop over in Abu Dhabi? I guess there's no restriction on pre-made baby's food in plastic tubs?

Any last minute advice for flying with a toddle appreciated.

Thanks,

Robin

No problem. Just fill up a load of feeding bottles and they ask you to drink a bit at security. Did this Feb 2007. Get a clear plastic flexi carry case for them.

Good luck with the flight.

Bring lots of individual packets of Dumex powder, the babies bottles, and an empty Nalgee liquid container.

Security will not let you bring more than a specific allotment of liquid (usually 1 bottle) even if you offer to drink it. Apparently there could be a secret compartment in the bottom or some other foolishness (not that there has ever been a single recorded incident on the planet of anyone trying to get liquid explosive on a plane this way.)

Do not say, "but you are trying to kill my baby. It doesn't work, they don't care."

Then when you are on the plane ask the stewardess to bring you water bottles or fill it yourself at the little water fountain.

Keep in mind.

Stewardesses: Really nice and helpful and often let you on the plane first.

Security: epitome of evil. Will strip search your sleeping baby for weapons.

If the liquid milk proves to be problematic after doing your research, then reconstituted powder would seem to be the only option. I'd recommend you start introducing it to the baby as soon as possible to get him or her used to it and to be sure there won't be digestive or allergy problems. If there are problems, the last place you'd want to find out about them is at cruising altitude.