Enjoyment And Dessert At Hua Hin Bike Weekend

thaicbr

Hi guys i went down to HUA HIN bike weekend and can say it was a fun event. hooked up with rusticcharm and Gus (sorry can't remember your forum name) these guys were on Ducati's which are lovely bikes but they made my bike very jelouse, so much so that the bitch needed some repair work on the way home. broke down just outside Petchaburi. Motosi taxi pushed me into town to a chopper modify shop near the bus station/market. and guys if you are in or around Petchaburi THESE GUYS ARE TOPS. charged my battery and found and solved the problem (wires and connecters to the rectifier were burnt out) the repair was excellent he used shrink tube and crimpted the correct connecters on then checked to ensure it was charging. also the chopper bikes he had outside where fantastic not your normal Thai creations. so again if your in the area or need some emergancy work doing these guys are it.

will post pictures and chopper shop contact details later.

Happy times. Allan

we were driving back home after a meal and passed what looked like a concert in a field , we stopped to have a look and at first we thought we had walked into a scene from h3ll , thousands of biker types , a good proportion of whom appeared to be over 60 , all in the same sort of uniform of leather jerkin , jeans , boots , those funny usa jailhouse chin only long beards , etc. reminiscent of a black sabbath/hawkwind concert at donnington circa 1970.

not to be put off by this , we explored further and found row upon row of the most wonderful custom bikes , all shapes and themes. there was also a good clothing and "biker chic" accessories market , along with "thais dressed as red indian" stalls selling turquoise jewellery at exhorbitant prices and a good selection of thai food stalls. there was lots of camaraderie among the thai and falang bikers , kids running around having fun etc.etc.etc.

in a country marked by the conformity of its population , its refreshing to see fringe groups out there "strutting their stuff"

i'm a four wheel man , looking on bikes of all sorts as a pestilence that should be eradicated from the highway system , however , the bikes on show there , and the enthusiasm and skill that went into the customising of them , were terrific.

we would have stayed longer , it was one of the best people watching fairs for a long time with an easy atmosphere , but the music was just horrendous , a thai band of little talent making an awful racket that was just too painful on the ear.

Edited by taxexile

uuuuuuuuuuummmmm 'pestilence that should be eradicated from the highway system'

Thanks Tax exile its good to know that i'm a disease that should be killed. just so you know, you cagers have tried twice so far this year to kill me. literally, 4 days spent in hospital but sorry (happy) to say still here and alive.

Maybe you should be a little more tactful before you post.

Happy times. drive safe and i will ride safe. hows that sound :o

And yes you are correct the band was awfull

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

'pestilence that should be eradicated from the highway system'

no offence meant , i guess bikes get in the way of cars as much as cars get in the way of bikes , its the small bikes round town that annoy most car drivers. actually , i've rarely come across bigger bikes being driven irresponsibly.

Happy times. drive safe and i will ride safe. hows that sound

sounds ok to me !!

reminiscent of a black sabbath/hawkwind concert at donnington circa 1970.
That used to be me. Now I'm more like 'reminiscent of a Neil Diamond concert at Wembley circa 2003'.  :o
along with "thais dressed as red indian" stalls
Don't the Thai girls look great as 'India Deang'? I tried to get some pics but the iPhone's camera sucks at night.
but the music was just horrendous , a thai band of little talent making an awful racket that was just too painful on the ear.
They sounded like Carabou. Actually, I think they could have been Carabou. Or a cover band. But yeah. Fingernails down a blackboard alright.

Terry (rustic) they were a very poor copy of Carabou. and Taxexile its ok mate just pisses me of a little cos we all have problems. bike riders have the problem that car drivers dont tend to look and car drivers complain that we just turn up underneath their wheels and damage their cars :o

but no problems mate we all have to see the bigger picture thats all. and i totally agree that some small bike riders are and always will be <deleted>.

Allan

along with "thais dressed as red indian" stalls
Don't the Thai girls look great as 'India Deang'? I tried to get some pics but the iPhone's camera sucks at night.

Quite right about the band- they finally drove me off for the night. But had fun before that bs'ing with Rustic and cbr - Terry and Allan respectively. Here's a few shots, including our thai-native-american friends, who look like they had a camera pointed at them once too often. There's that cool HD with side-car. And somebody's red Honda, who we let hang out with the real motorcycles- you know, the Italian ones- :o - parked next to without a doubt the most-photographed bike of the weekend, Terry's 848...

So whats next on the calender??

hhbike018.jpg

hhbike003.jpg

hhbike011.jpg

dats my Honda aint she a lovely old girl, Her names SuperSONIC. at least its the right colour. Ducati sports should be red :D:o:D

Heh Heh...i knew that Allan- she held her own! btw, I thought everyone knew the white or gray Ducs were the fast ones :D

dats my Honda aint she a lovely old girl, Her names SuperSONIC. at least its the right colour. Ducati sports should be red :D:o:D

Heh Heh...i knew that Allan- she held her own! btw, I thought everyone knew the white or gray Ducs were the fast ones :D

White 7% lighter.

Red 4% faster

Black 12% stronger

I thoght everyone knew that !! thems the rules !!