Two German Tourists Arrested For Having Sex In Ancient Ayutthaya Temple

george

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try having sex in St Peter's in Rome, or in a mosque or a synagogue, only a 1000 baht in total fines, grossly inadequate.

It is not amusing to disrespect any religion.

Why? Do religions deserve respect?

Well Christianity certainly got plenty of respect back in the Spanish Inquisition.

But, nobody expected that.

My wife told me that it was mentioned on Thai TV channel 3 news that after the couple were arrested and fined, they were permanently banned from ever visiting Thailand again and put on the blacklist as undesirables.

Although this may seem a joke to many and I’m no prude, but I left the West to get away from all these type of things as this sort of conduct leads to more serious antisocial behaviour such as what has happened in the UK.

Thailand is unique and as yet still mostly unspoiled by thuggish and antisocial idiots.

I would like it to stay that way.

But a Thai woman once admitted to me that long ago, while a student boarding at a university, she gave up her virginity to her Thai boyfriend--IN A NEARBY BUDDHIST TEMPLE. True story. She was never much of a Buddhist (obviously), but she did love Thailand, too.

Fortunately, they didn't get caught. Well, they were probably a lot more discreet, not into the whole SM and scatological thing.

As I recall, there are published accounts of Thais, including the odd monk, having gotten caught in sexual acts at the temples. They were also suitably punished and of course disgraced.

Well Said, I wish it was Dubai and they were doing it up against the wall of a Mosque. They would have been locked up for a while to think about how F'ing ignorant and disrespectful they were. Nasty peasants.

Yes. Let's have a public stoning. You dig the hole in the ground to put them in while the the TV puritans can bring the jagged rocks to throw at their heads. In the interim, I understand the military is holding a reception for the PAD folks that took over the airport costing Thailand hundreds of million of baht. There's supposed to be punch and pie.

Something very disturbing about screaming for blood over an incident of poor judgement, where there was no physical injury or property damage. Very disturbing indeed.

Firstly, you ramble. Secondly I spoke about a prison sentence, not violence, hence no blood. And thirdly for you to defend something as blatantly disrespectful as that then your probably just as ignorant as them.

The only one demonstrating ignorance here is you. You wrote that you wished it was a wall in a Dubai mosque. Surely, you realize that the UAE practices Sharia law. The activity engaged in comes under the Haram offenses. Haram sexual offenses are subject to penalties such as stoning and flogging. Ipso facto, by "wishing" the offense was in Dubai, you were also wishing for Sharia punishment. You assume that the accused would have been locked up in prison. However, such an assumption demonstrates an ignorance of the applicable laws in the UAE.

There is a big difference between copulating while perched on the ruins of a temple and while standing balanced against the wall of a mosque in Dubai. To the best of my knowledge there are no ruins of mosques in Dubai that lend themselves to such activity, which then indicates that you are comparing this act to copulating in a typical Dubai mosque. The typical Dubai mosque is well maintained and has activity. A temple ruin in Thailand is often abandoned and with few if any visitors. Hardly a fair or even logical comparison.

I did not in any way excuse the inappropriate behaviour, but without knowing the age of the accused, or the facts concerning the case, I would prefer to wait before joining the condemnation band wagon. Do you know the full facts? If so please share details such as age, time of day, and actual use of the ruins, and whether or not the grounds were marked as a Temple.

Is it possible that what has really upset you, was my comment in respect to PAD? Are you angry because I pointed out that the angry response to people engaging in non violent activity between two consenting adults is significantly different than that which was displayed towards the crazed violent mobs that took over the airport?

Geriatrics, wow I don't even know where to begin...ok,

1)Dubai, Sharia law????umm no, bars and a veritable UN of hookers ..must not have spent much time there. But they don't tolerate being ignorant like that in public. And good on em for that they should have gotten a room rather than doing it at a cultural heritage site. Not allot of brain to that.

2) PAD??? <deleted>??? What dose that even have too do with this thread???

3) Not such a big difference between a heritage site and a place of worship when it comes to something as blatantly disrespectful as screwing in it. Also not a whole lot of brain to that either..i'm noticing a trend.

4) In Dubai (yes I have spent allot of time there) They would have been fined, jailed & deported..not caned in the street or something....its the UAE not Saudi.

On a lighter note the newly installed Thaivisa.com tickertape on my computer reads

Two german tourists arrested for having sex in ancient ay.. temple. The king is feeling better.

Heads will roll :o

:D:D

Btw, no one has said anything about my comment. I said having sex is not ugly nasty activity so why is it wrong to have it in temples? Don't get me wrong. I'm not that fantasy. I don't accept the thing 2 German tourists did. Just want to know the answer.

PAD is trying to change rules / laws / policies so if they are successful to push the handsome leader up to be PM, I don't know how Chamlong's "religion" can affect us.

PAD is trying to change rules / laws / policies so if they are successful to push the handsome leader up to be PM, I don't know how Chamlong's "religion" can affect us.

:o now all we need is for permananent_disorder to post Hitler photos and make some connection between the German tourists and Sondhi and Nazis...

..... I left the West to get away from all these type of things, as this sort of conduct leads to more serious antisocial behaviour such as what has happened in the UK.

Thailand is unique and as yet still mostly unspoiled by thuggish and antisocial idiots.

But a Thai woman once admitted to me that long ago, while a student boarding at a university, she gave up her virginity to her Thai boyfriend--IN A NEARBY BUDDHIST TEMPLE. True story. She was never much of a Buddhist (obviously), but she did love Thailand, too.

Fortunately, they didn't get caught. Well, they were probably a lot more discreet, not into the whole SM and scatological thing.

As I recall, there are published accounts of Thais, including the odd monk, having gotten caught in sexual acts at the temples. They were also suitably punished and of course disgraced.

As far as I've seen in 19 years visiting here, Thailand has no special claim to moral rightousness.

As for being sexual in a temple: I went through a phase, at a Yogi retreat in N. California, where I led 'satsang' one evening per week. After some satsangs, one or another young lady would stay behind, and we'd engage in some illicit behavior near the altar. Some of my fondest mammaries ...err, excuse me, some of my fondest memories stemmed from those times. There were sculptures of Krsna and Rama and Tara overlooking our debauchery, but I rather doubt the spirits of those deities frowned upon us.

..... I left the West to get away from all these type of things, as this sort of conduct leads to more serious antisocial behaviour such as what has happened in the UK.

As far as I've seen in 19 years visiting here, Thailand has no special claim to moral rightousness.

As for being sexual in a temple: I went through a phase, at a Yogi retreat in N. California, where I led 'satsang' one evening per week. After some satsangs, one or another young lady would stay behind, and we'd engage in some illicit behavior near the altar. Some of my fondest mammaries ...err, excuse me, some of my fondest memories stemmed from those times. There were sculptures of Krsna and Rama and Tara overlooking our debauchery, but I rather doubt the spirits of those deities frowned upon us.

My goodness , still have the head in the sand crowd responding !!!!!!!!!!

Very good post , but where are the photos etc , need conformation for the PCs , or have you forgotten so quickly ?

heh, fair play to you sir.

The Simpsons: The Computer Wore Menace Shoes

Marge: Homie!

Fake Homer: (Speaking with a German accent) Marge, honey, Fraulein, I'm home!

Marge: You're not my husband!

Fake Homer: Jah, please forgive my unexplained two week absence. To make it up to you we will go out to dinner at a sensibly-priced restaurant, then have a night of efficient German sex.

Marge: Well, I sure don't feel like cooking.

sorry. I just thought of that simpsons episode on reading the article!

They got off lightly. If this was in say Dubai the outcome would have been different. Who wants to have sex on a wall anyway in the middle of the day? Uncomfortable. They should have got a room.

Obviously they wanted to have sex in an exciting way, i.e. the prospects of getting caught. A room is now what they wanted. I can't fault them for that. Well done to them. Sex is not always about comfort.

My wife told me that it was mentioned on Thai TV channel 3 news that after the couple were arrested and fined, they were permanently banned from ever visiting Thailand again and put on the blacklist as undesirables.

Although this may seem a joke to many and I’m no prude, but I left the West to get away from all these type of things as this sort of conduct leads to more serious antisocial behaviour such as what has happened in the UK.

That's ridiculous. Thailand is no different than other countries in many ways, you'd just like to think of it that way. You may have run from the West, but you can't run from the world anywhere. My ex-gilfriend who is Thai encountered her Thai friend having sex on a beach with a Thai guy in Koh Samet once. There. Satisfied? Thailand is not a utopia here to serve your selfish need to have society satisfy you as somehow the Western society did not serve you. If you open your eyes, you'll find plenty of things to which you had hoped to get away from. Take a chill pill and realize you can't control other people and you'll be fine. If you can't relax, perhaps if you are ultra-rich you can buy an island on which you can live on all by yourself. Then, perhaps you can get away from the world you so despise. Plenty of thugs and anti-social idiots about in Thailand. Why is having sex in public anti-social? Seems very social to me.

As for blacklisting, quite extreme in my view, but that's Thailand. I mean, I came to Thailand to get away from controlling Western governments. :o

Oh we've all done it in our younger years - they were young I hope, otherwise the image is turning sour...

More dangerous, of course, in the ancient temples of Lopburi :D

:D yeah, they would have had a nice audience in the monkey temple in Lopburi. :o

Who's going to be first to
to make out this was Hitler and Eva Braun and post it on YouTube...

"500 Baht! 500 Baht!! EACH!!! We didn't fine Goering and Himmler that much when we caught them at it 'round the back of the

Nuremberg rally!"

Well, maybe better to use the brain instead of the keyboard.... :o

Can we now expect the next offering from BADS (Bangkok Amateur Dramatic Society) to be the farce No Sex Please - We're Thai?

A moment of light relief.

Many moons ago a lady and I were discussing the price of fish at about 0200 in my car parked in the wilds of Wimbledon Common. Suddenly the nearside front door opened, the courtesy lights came on and there stood a very large policeman. His vision was dominated by the naked backside of my girlfriend and over her shoulder he could see my face which had changed from a look of ecstasy to a wide grin.

"What's going on here then," Mr Plod asked.

"If you don't know I suggest that you go home and ask your father," I responded.

Mr Plod was nonplussed. "There's been a lot of burglaries round here lately," he offered.

"Well it doesn't take Knacker of the Yard to figure out that we are not responsible does it," I replied?

Mr Plod thereupon retired to pound his beat - and we continued our conversation.