1 Year Visa, How Easy To Get?

Hi there,

I'm a 22 y.o. guy from Lithuania (EU), who would like to live in Thailand, looking for advice on how to get 1 year visa, as from what I have read getting permanent residency is not easy :o

Thanks,

Andrew.

What do you intend on living on when you are here. Have you sufficient savings. If you intend working your employer should provide you with paperwork for a Non B visa and that allows application for work permit....finding work in Thailand isnt that easy.

Permanant residency will take at least 4 years you need 3 consecutive years of extensions. Are you planning to stay that long. U.K residents can obtain a one year visa in their home country maybe you can do the same...is there a Thai Embassy in Lithuania you can contact, they will provide the visa for you

You could go to school and learn Thai. That would get you 90 day extensions at immigration which means you would not have to leave.

Get a two entry tourist visa at a Thai consulate but I am not sure how long of stay you will be granted since Lithuania is on the list of countries that can only get a 15 day visa on arrival. Normally that means you would only get a 30 day stay for each entry. You will need to check with the consulate to see what they will give you.

If it's only 30 days you may be able to extend you rstay for 30 days twice for 1900 baht. After that you have to make a border run an use the 2nd entry of your tourist visa.

After your tourist visa expires you would then have to go to Vientiane Laos and get a new visa.

Consulate contact info.

Street Address : Jogailos g. 9/1

ZIP Code : LT-01116

City : Vilnius

State : Vilnius

Telephone : (+370-5) 2681832, 2681888

Faximile : (+370-5) 2125591

Email : [email protected]

Source: http://th.embassyinformation.com/list.php

Edited by ubonjoe