Any One Coming To Thailand From The Usa Inn The Next 2 Weeks

thaicbr

Hi i'm wanting to order a helmet from a company in the States and i'm wondering if any one coming could bring it in for me as a personal item therefor saving the silly 200% import tax.

i would prefer if you are landing within the next 2 weeks.

i would of course get you a few beers.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

And it goes without saying - only trust someone with a half-decent post count on here! I can see it now, a $500 Shoei or whatever gets sent to Wilbur Wankstain, <deleted>, USA who says he's over to visit his "Teerak" for Christmas and poor old ThaiCBR is out of pocket and without even anything to hide his red face behind! :o Be careful and also try to size it here from somewhere like Fast Corner, Paddock e.t.c as helmets are notoriously varying on their size/fit. Personally, unless it was a helmet of the same model as one I'd had before, I'd only buy in person to ensure a good fit.

BTW, the "Real" brand of helmets have had positive reviews from people who have bought them here in LOS and they have street and dirt models for around 1200 - 2000 THB. Certainly a step up in quality from the normal "Index" and "Space Crown" crap and maybe a decent stopgap measure for you Allan until you get yourself Stateside again?

Cheers,

Pikey.

Pikey i have a large oval head so the 'Real' helmets don't fit. The helmet i want is a HJC AC-12 (nice oval shape)its on clearout at $84. bargain and will be delivered direct from the company so RJT no smuggling going on here mate.

so gonna check size tmorro at Paddock

And yes i would only use someone that i know,or other people know.

never been to the good old U.S of A.

If ya bring it in for your own use you don't pay duty.

Allan

Yeah I know I was just trying to scare him(OP) "smuggle and tax", I've never paid duty on anything and I've carried pricier items in then a helmet. Maybe it's because I give off such innocent vibes.And postage too. just write a Thai name you might get off depending who's on duties and he's mood. I have never paid import tax on personal items. They normally target western names.

Hi Allen, I will bring it in when I come next, though I do not know the exact date. If you got a lead on someone who is coming sooner that is alright with me. I can send the helmet to whoever is coming in next. I hope your head is not that large. I will be smuggling it up my ass to avoid customs duties. I know I don't have to. I want to.

Pikey i have a large oval head so the 'Real' helmets don't fit. The helmet i want is a HJC AC-12 (nice oval shape)its on clearout at $84. bargain and will be delivered direct from the company so RJT no smuggling going on here mate.

so gonna check size tmorro at Paddock

And yes i would only use someone that i know,or other people know.

never been to the good old U.S of A.

If ya bring it in for your own use you don't pay duty.

Allan

Good on you mate and apologies if I came across as "teaching you to suck eggs" (and also of assuming you are a yank!). Over the years I've bought several helmets in to LOS as luggage (along with MX boots e.t.c) without any probs at all so shouldn't be a worry.

Cheers,

Pikey. (waiting for the "yanks" to get arsey about calling them "yanks" and yes, I am a bit p*ssed now so <deleted> anyone I offend :o)

FWIW, I don't mind being called a Yankee (as a side note; do you know what a Yankee is? Highlight the area up until the next paranthesis and you'll know A Yankee is the same thing as a quickie but you do it to yourself).

Secondly, thaicbr, I'll be home in February around the 13th which I don't know if that's too late for you or not, but I'd be more then willing to carry it through for you; after all that would be the third HJC I've carried in. The first one I carried in was an AC-12.....

Thanks guys. looks like it will be about then when i can afford it anyway. bloody finance company has bumped the deposit and insurance on my new (2nd hand) truck the bastards. still thinking that getting bits for biking might be better lol

Allan