House Cleaning Services,

NanLaew

The Pattaya house needs a real good 'spring clean'; good job for maybe 3 to 5 people with the right gear and preparation. The floors all need a good wash and polish, the tiled patio and walkways and also the lacquered slate driveway. Windows, bathrooms and kitchen too. The enclosed tiled back yard needs a good sweep up and clean.

I used Top-Care that last time but they are busy all through next week and I want this done before this weekend as we are away for a week before coming back for Christmas. So if anyone can recommend a team with the right tools to come and do a 3 bedroom, 2-bathroom, single storey house in Naklua, post here or PM me please.

A few months back there were at least 2 other people advertising this service in the local Pattaya papers but couldn't find any this week.

Many thanks!

I have been using a lady called Jid for years (Home Care Cleaning) I think is the name. They have a small office just passed the bus station on the road from Loma roundabout to Sukhumvit.

They do a very good job, starts about 9.30 am with about 5 people and finishes about 1800. Charges 3000 (price for a large condo) and I cannot fault the service.

Telephone Jid: 089 833 0352.

Top Care from memory wanted a lot more. Talking years ago now.

Edited by Chopper

The Pattaya house needs a real good 'spring clean'; good job for maybe 3 to 5 people with the right gear and preparation. The floors all need a good wash and polish, the tiled patio and walkways and also the lacquered slate driveway. Windows, bathrooms and kitchen too. The enclosed tiled back yard needs a good sweep up and clean.

I used Top-Care that last time but they are busy all through next week and I want this done before this weekend as we are away for a week before coming back for Christmas. So if anyone can recommend a team with the right tools to come and do a 3 bedroom, 2-bathroom, single storey house in Naklua, post here or PM me please.

A few months back there were at least 2 other people advertising this service in the local Pattaya papers but couldn't find any this week.

Many thanks!

i have tried a number of the cleaning agencys for many different jobs and have settled with Homecare

good reliable service, reasonable prices, call Eu (eeeyou) on 081 377 0311

they have an office in the Duck Centre near to Big C South Pattaya

The lass at Home Care is also very busy but she says if I can accept the overtime mark-up, she can have a team do the house here this Sunday. Sounds fair enough to me as I leave for a week in Singapore on Monday and at least the house will be clean for when I get back for Christmas.

Once again, thanks for the tips!

PS. Even with the overtime mark-up, her quote still beat the price I paid for Top-Care last year. I will let you know what the work was like. To be honest, I didn't reckon Top-Care were thorough enough but they did work mostly unsupervised. This time ol' hawk-eye will be on the job.

• 2 weeks later...

Overtime mark-up? :o

When you consider that the clear net profit for the cleaning firm owner is around 2,000 baht per day per job...

These prices are driven high by the Pattaya farangs who throw their money around too easily without the slightest consideration that in so doing they are paying way over the odds, and causing the prices which they themselves complain so loudly about, and one of the reasons why the kingdom is no longer such a cheap place to retire to on a meagre pension.

The same is true of those swimming pool 'service' companies who visit your pool for 20 minutes once or twice a week, and charge you 2,000 - 4,000 a month for it.

Anywhere else" in Thailand, you would of course get the same full spring-clean service for around 750 baht for the day :D

Edited by Chaichara

I agree that the cost is way to high for the cleaning.If the money was going to the Thais then fine but they get abt 100 baht a day whilst the farang boss creams the rest.I have 2 thais clean for me,no farang involved and I pay them 1000 baht between them.They clean 09.00hrs until 12.00.So for 3 hrs work a day they pocket 500 baht each.

EPG.

I agree that the cost is way to high for the cleaning.They clean 09.00hrs until 12.00.So for 3 hrs work a day they pocket 500 baht each.

EPG.

EPG, I also agree you are paying to much! Your hourly rate is more than double mine. :D

Do the math: ฿ 3000 divided by 5 workers at 7.5 hours each per day (allowing one hour for lunch). :o

Also the firm is run by Jid as stated above a Thai lady whose management cannot be faulted. Their attention to detail is spectacular. :D

Overtime mark-up? :D

..........one of the reasons why the kingdom is no longer such a cheap place to retire to on a meagre pension........

If you are on such a meagre (sic) pension you should not be trying to live in a foreign country. :o

Why the (sic)? Meagre is the perfectly good British way of spelling the word! We don't have to kowtow to you Americans all the time you know - and we invented the language!

My final post on my OP, the team of 4 that came from Home Care arrived at 10am and left at 8pm. They didn't manage to do the outside kitchen/cooking area so a team of 2 returned the following morning and knocked that out in about 3 hours.

All in all, a very good and thorough job and I tipped the girls as well knowing full well what they get paid and what I paid their boss.

A note for Chiachara, I have no gripes paying for a decent job in Pattaya where there only seems to be 3 listed home cleaning companies and lord knows how many houses and condo units using their services. I have lived here for the best part of 20 years and know the cost difference between getting my house cleaned in Udon and the same in Pattaya. Your contention that it's farangs flush with cash that's forcing up the prices of all services is bullsh!t. But maybe you deny there's a world recession as well?

Edited by NanLaew

Word of warning.

I don't remember the exact company name but it was one of the big ones here and it could happen with any local company, I reckon.

I had a major cleaning including polishing of my ceramic tile floor.

Long story short: a number of tiles were damaged by their machine.

I did not bother to complain because I did not have pictures of the floor before the work and could not prove it.

However, if you have a perfect floor I suggest you take detailed photos of it before such work.

Ceramic tiles can not easily be repaired so thanks to that wonderful cleaning job I am now in the market for some re-tiling work.

Edited by Jingthing

Overtime mark-up? :D

..........one of the reasons why the kingdom is no longer such a cheap place to retire to on a meagre pension........

If you are on such a meagre (sic) pension you should not be trying to live in a foreign country. :o

Why the (sic)? Meagre is the perfectly good British way of spelling the word! We don't have to kowtow to you Americans all the time you know - and we invented the language!

I just posted this on another Pattaya website in reply to someone (another Brit) who said the same thing as you (to another American)- thinking that the English language was invented by "us" ignores the contribution of Greek, Roman, Celtic, Anglo Saxon, Nordic, Norman French, Arabs and the many other cultures whose language we plundered to make English what it is today. American English simply upgrades our own already bastardised language to develop it further.

I just posted this on another Pattaya website in reply to someone (another Brit) who said the same thing as you (to another American)- thinking that the English language was invented by "us" ignores the contribution of Greek, Roman, Celtic, Anglo Saxon, Nordic, Norman French, Arabs and the many other cultures whose language we plundered to make English what it is today. American English simply upgrades our own already bastardised language to develop it further.

I would hardly call the american version of English an 'upgrade', more like dumbing it down for the masses.

What the <deleted> has English versus US language bashing got to do with the OP?

I don't know... you quit your job as a plumber or car salesman, get a TEFL paper, pull a flanker and get a 'teaching' job over here so you can still chase the girlies with a promise of a work permit between visa runs... and pontificate on semantics like you are real teachers?

My OP has been answered and some relevant topics discussed so the Mods can end this one before it becomes another Old Colonials Club versus Redneck circle-jerk.

• 2 months later...

Many thanks!

WE ARE TWO HUNGARIAN WOMAN AND WE LIVE IN PATTAYA.

WE MADE A SMALL COMPANY FOR CLEANING THE HOUSES

OR APARTMENTS ON EUROPEAN LEVEL.

IF YOU NEED SOMEBODY WHO TAKES CARE ABOUT YOUR

PROPERTY DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US.

WE SPEAK ENGLISH ITALIAN HUNGARIAN AND LITTLE RUSSIAN.

PHONE NUMBER IS 0870670239