If You Got Kicked Out?

Jockstar

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazil or Belize or Costa Rica....

Brazil, because it is culturally diverse, beautiful beaches, lots to do, great people, beautiful women, very big country, can buy property, language is easy to learn, can surf, good music scene, if you marry a Brazilian ot have a child with one, you can become resident---and have legal rights.

Belize, because its constitution falls under British commonwealth law, english is spoken, the government gives big tax breaks for investors, great Islands...Ambergris Caye, onlya couple of hours by plane to Miami or Houston....great tourism potential.

Costa Rica, because it is naturally beautiful and they are making large efforts in conserving it, great potential, you get access to the Caribbean and the Pacific Ocean, Spanish is spoken, laid back lifestyle.... :o

Brizzy's the best in my book, nice weather year round without most of the troubles of Sydney. Still love OZ, the whole place is great.

I agree Brisbane is the best state capital in Australia. I dont think poms would have any trouble with copping shit like the old days. everyone is over that. might only come across that sorta thing in the smaller towns where everyone isnt so used to multiculturalism. The ladies dig the different accent too.

But if i were to leave Thailand I would choose the Philliphines! Great place and even easier than Thailand for a foreigner to settle down there.

I'd go to Malaysia. Good multicultural society; Great indian and chinese food; just over the border; Malaysia government offer good package to foreigners to move there.

I was not that impressed with Malaysia although it is ok I suppose. I kept missing the smiles from Thailand.

I'd go to Malaysia. Good multicultural society; Great indian and chinese food; just over the border; Malaysia government offer good package to foreigners to move there.

Malaysia?? H3ll, ZOVOX, you must be easily pleased :o

I'd make sure i lived near the border, so i could cross into Thailand regular. And, Jackr, still beats rainy old England by a mile !!

I've been to Australia once in my life (1978). Spent most of my 30 days in Sydney. Had a fabulous time. The people were great, guys and girls. Enjoyed the pubs, The Rocks, The Opera House, the Zoo, Kings Cross :o , winery tours and the list just goes on and on. If I could "afford" it, then Australia would be on my list.

Otherwise, I think I would like to stay in Asia although Argentina was/is pretty nice also (and less expensive).

Ravisher has made me quite interested in Turkey, I shall google a bit and learn.

I would go back to Noosa in Qld Aus. Noosa IMHO is the best place in Australia for lifestyle, weather, beaches and outdoor dining. I actually think I will go back there in the next few years and relax more than I do now. Ah! 25 degrees every day!

NOOSA!  :D

great place...i have a condo there where my daughter lives :D

still going back there would be my last choice :o

i would try bali, kl, ho chi minh, dominician republic...jeez plenty of choices when i think of it :D

back to europe...never to bl@#dy cold....turkey is nice though, but the gals are a bit plumbty for me :D

Otherwise, I think I would like to stay in Asia although Argentina was/is pretty nice also (and less expensive).

Argentina is less expensive then Thailand??? Maybe in 1978....

Well, 1978 no, I spent 1 month in Argentina in 2000 and it was not expensive. However since that time I do remember reading they've had political as well as economic problems, so maybe the "cheaper" wouldn't apply anymore. Oh well. :o

I quite fancy going to Japan. So thats an option.

I'm really not sure, but not back to America, not bad there but very epensive adn an intense life style to get ahead. at 57 and a retirement from there, that would definetly be a backward step for me.

Cambodia, have a good friend who lives there and comes to Thailandto party, go figure. Anyway sounded just not developed enough yet. Malyasia, I have heard good things, seems like a lo6t of violence from that area.

I looked carefully at Costa Rico before coming here, a but more expensive then I would like. I recently worked with a guy from Panama. he painted a very nice picture.

Turkey, now that wa a surprise I would really like to here more about that. Women of course always comes into the picture, I'm married but I till like to know it's out there and avialble to an old guy like me. Speaking of which anyone have any idea about taking a Thia wife there.

I recently spent four months in Kuwait, doing a little extra work, my only exposure to Muslim people. The ones I met were not only not friendly but extremly rude and arrogant. I met many people that I liked there, but none of them were Kuwaities. Lot of Indian people whom I really enjoyed talking with and gained a lot of respect for.

Ukraine, how expensive is that?

Sorry I could only offer a lot of questions

I was not that impressed with Malaysia although it is ok I suppose. I kept missing the smiles from Thailand.

Malaysia?? H3ll, ZOVOX, you must be easily pleased :o

I'd make sure i lived near the border, so i could cross into Thailand regular. And, Jackr, still beats rainy old England by a mile !!

No, I don't think it does, ZOVOX

All this talk of how great Oz is and nobody's mentioned New Zealand. Sure, Oz is a wonderful place to tour around but for actual living, I'd pick NZ any day...great people, outstanding countryside and a lot more laid-back than Oz. Spain and South of France are also winners.

Ravisher has made me quite interested in Turkey, I shall google a bit and learn.

I would go back to Noosa in Qld Aus. Noosa IMHO is the best place in Australia for lifestyle, weather, beaches and outdoor dining. I actually think I will go back there in the next few years and relax more than I do now. Ah! 25 degrees every day!

NOOSA!  :)

Return to Noosa is like moving to Pattaya with XXXX , concrete jungle, polluted beaches , millions of yuppies , 5.bucks for a schooner, decent properties priced out of reach,Noosa,s Claim tofame The Loo with a view, you can look at the beach when having a slash!! why do you think australians are leaving the sunshine coast in droves,moving to Thailand and Bali, 28% unemployed Fabulous Noosa I dont Think. Nignoy

All this talk of how great Oz is and nobody's mentioned New Zealand. Sure, Oz is a wonderful place to tour around but for actual living, I'd pick NZ any day...great people, outstanding countryside and a lot more laid-back than Oz. Spain and South of France are also winners.

NZ is a beautiful country and really heaps to do when you are travelling. But to live there its a bit boring. I lived In Auckland for a year but after 6 months i was bored. I had a great job and the company wanted to sponsor me to stay. But i had had enough after a year. It is nice though.

To cold for me Jack. Great place, but a long way from everywhere also.

Boris! You really have no ###### idea. Have you ever been to Oz? i doubt it. You are a ###### <deleted> who knows ######c all. I think you are the creepy loser mate,

Actually,ignoring if I may your coarse spluttering, I know Australia extremely well and have visited extensively usually staying with Australian friends.I think Australia really is a great country and am thinking about buying an apartment in Melbourne (St Kildas).The point I was making was not about Oz at all but about scummy little Brits who foul up the place, and don't even have the courage to be proud of their UK origins.Most dinky di Ozzies have the same negative view of these Pommie wastrels and I don't blame them.I would kick these creepy losers all out (and out of Thailand too if I had the chance)

Actually Boris, what piddles us off the most is the Poms that wont let go of Mother UK's apron strings and assimilate into the Oz way of life....Not talking about all Poms, just the ones that bring the attitude with them.

All these people that want to live in OZ and only mention places on the Eastern Seaboard.....

Obviously they havent been to Perth, great weather, great beaches, very easy going lifestyle, everything the other places have and a much nicer place to live.

Oh yeah we also have a large Thai community here as well.

I have lived in most cities here, spent a decade moving around, but could never wait to get back to the West....

If I was kicked out of Thailand or barred from going there.....my 3 choices would be Malaysia, Vietnam and Cambodia.....The last 2 dont have the infrastructure in place for mass tourism but they will both boom one day.

NZ is a beautiful country and really heaps to do when you are travelling. But to live there its a bit boring. I lived In Auckland for a year but after 6 months i was bored. I had a great job and the company wanted to sponsor me to stay. But i had had enough after a year. It is nice though.

I agree with you on Dorkland...what a dead city; surprised you lasted that long. Christchurch is far better and great summers.

I agree with you on Dorkland...what a dead city; surprised you lasted that long. Christchurch is far better and great summers.

But harsh winters. Spent a few weeks in Christchurch with some mates in summer. Had a great time. But i dont think i could live there. Wellington seemed a cool city. Though was only there for a few days. If i knew more people there then i may have lived there. Most of my friends live in Dorkland.

All these people that want to live in OZ and only mention places on the Eastern Seaboard.....

Obviously they havent been to Perth, great weather, great beaches, very easy going lifestyle, everything the other places have and a much nicer place to live.

I have lived in most cities here, spent a decade moving around, but could never wait to get back to the West....

If I was kicked out of Thailand or barred from going there.....my 3 choices would be Malaysia, Vietnam and Cambodia.....The last 2 dont have the infrastructure in place for mass tourism but they will both boom one day.

I'm with you on the west, gburns. Couldn't wait to get out of Sydney initially and thought Perth was superb. Spent a month touring up the west coast to Darwin and didn't think much of the east coast after this...loaded with backpackers all doing the same sh1t. Frazer Island and Byron Bay on the east coast for me. Brissy, boring; Surfers, Benidorm; and Sydney...well, it's Sydney.

Actually,ignoring if I may your coarse spluttering, I know Australia extremely well and have visited extensively usually staying with Australian friends.I think Australia really is a great country and am thinking about buying an apartment in Melbourne (St Kildas).The point I was making was not about Oz at all but about scummy little Brits who foul up the place, and don't even have the courage to be proud of their UK origins.Most dinky di Ozzies have the same negative view of these Pommie wastrels and I don't blame them.I would kick these creepy losers all out (and out of Thailand too if I had the chance)

boris... your usual inane drivel...

By the way boris, where are you from?

And where is the picture of you boyfriend with the panties over his face?

Thought that was Strummer...bonking Boris and Strummer, eh? :o

boris... your usual inane drivel...

By the way boris, where are you from?

And where is the picture of you boyfriend with the panties over his face?

Hey Rav. Dont worry about boring Boris. He hasn't got a life. Its all in his head. He made a mistake regarding Melbourne. Its St Kilda not Kildas. I thought he was from the Uk. But then again i could be wrong.

Boris! You really have no ###### idea. Have you ever been to Oz? i doubt it. You are a ###### <deleted> who knows ######c all. I think you are the creepy loser mate,

Actually Boris, what piddles us off the most is the Poms that wont let go of Mother UK's apron strings and assimilate into the Oz way of life....Not talking about all Poms, just the ones that bring the attitude with them.

You're right, I was talking nonsense and knew it at the time but I was keen to make apoint.It's just something about downmarket Poms and the drivel they talk that gets to me.And I speak as one with UK origins.

Yes I agree that Perth is a great place, I trained over in the west and lived on Aberdeen Rd in Northbridge, but alas it is now part of the city itself. Fond memories!

My favourite parts of the West are south of Perth, but I agree with you that the West is really nice. What are the house prices now on Jutlan (spelling?) Parade?

Why are there so many kiwis living in Oz but so few Ozzies living in NZ?

Of a population of about 4 million, over 10% live in Oz.

Edited by TizMe

As far as I'm aware, getting kicked out or deported means being sent back to ones own country.

If so, then I'd have to spend some time in the UK. I would then have to weigh up my options as my family are in Thailand. Living in a neighbouring country like Laos or Cambodia would probably be the best option. Another option is sneaking back into Thailand across one of the borders or the Maekong, looking over my shoulder all the time isn't my idea of fun though.