If You Got Kicked Out?

Jockstar

Actually,ignoring if I may your coarse spluttering, I know Australia extremely well and have visited extensively usually staying with Australian friends.I think Australia really is a great country and am thinking about buying an apartment in Melbourne (St Kildas).The point I was making was not about Oz at all but about scummy little Brits who foul up the place, and don't even have the courage to be proud of their UK origins.Most dinky di Ozzies have the same negative view of these Pommie wastrels and I don't blame them.I would kick these creepy losers all out (and out of Thailand too if I had the chance)

boris... your usual inane drivel...

By the way boris, where are you from?

And where is the picture of you boyfriend with the panties over his face?

Hey Rav. Dont worry about boring Boris. He hasn't got a life. Its all in his head. He made a mistake regarding Melbourne. Its St Kilda not Kildas. I thought he was from the Uk. But then again i could be wrong.

Yes there was a typo re St Hilda.So what? I'm still thinking of buying an apartment there or somewhere similar in Melbourne area, although bit concerned that there is a bubble in housing market.Not sure why you are so interested in where I come from but if it's so fascinating look in past postings.It's all there and without (much) varnishing of the truth.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of how great Oz is and nobody's mentioned New Zealand. Sure, Oz is a wonderful place to tour around but for actual living, I'd pick NZ any day...great people, outstanding countryside and a lot more laid-back than Oz. Spain and South of France are also winners.

Why are there so many kiwis living in Oz but so few Ozzies living in NZ?

Of a population of about 4 million, over 10% live in Oz.

More like 10% just living in Sydney alone.

They are there for the same reasons why there are truck loads of Greeks, wops and asians....Opportunities.

Edited by chuchok

You're right, I was talking nonsense and knew it at the time but I was keen to make apoint.It's just something about downmarket Poms and the drivel they talk that gets to me.And I speak as one with UK origins.

UK origins... where in the UK exactly?

And yes you were talking nonesens, what else can you talk? Is there not a modium of sensibility in there somewhere?

Modicum of sense, possibly

Vietnam is a good alternative. Been there a couple of times. Government keen on small joint ventures to improve local SME.

Phil's is good if you go and retire on one of the smaller Islands (interesting retirement conditions). You can run a business even when retired.

Kampuchea, everybody with some money to invest welcome, but high risk of beeing "sqeezed"

Maybe Vietnam, 'cos it sounds interesting. I also have rellies in OZ living in Perth, Pomtown if ever there was one, so I may also go there.

As for fully assimilating into the local way of doing things, I will NEVER take seriously a law that forbids me from fitting a plug to a kettle lead. :o Apart from that I love the place. Been twice and both times were a joy to behold.

Been here nearly two decades and as much as I want to stay here in LOS, one has to have a back-up plan. As I work for a manufacturing company I guess I would have to go to China. A few mates have departed here for China and seem to be doing OK. They claim there is some action there as well. I may go there over the Sonkram holiday for a look-see

Been here nearly two decades and as much as I want to stay here in LOS, one has to have a back-up plan. As I work for a manufacturing company I guess I would have to go to China. A few mates have departed here for China and seem to be doing OK. They claim there is some action there as well. I may go there over the Sonkram holiday for a look-see

Hey guys what happened to the info on Turkey?

"Despite the results, experts said the study – understood to be the largest of its kind – showed Aussie women are happy with their Size 16 frames. "

Im glad they are happy about it :D

"All women like to think of themselves as a Size 10 and manufacturers have just pushed the labels up so that what used to be a Size 16 is now a Size 12," he said.

:D:D:D where is the I feel sick smiley? :D:o

Edited by Tornado

All these people that want to live in OZ and only mention places on the Eastern Seaboard.....

Obviously they havent been to Perth, great weather, great beaches, very easy going lifestyle, everything the other places have and a much nicer place to live.

Oh yeah we also have a large Thai community here as well.

I have lived in most cities here, spent a decade moving around, but could never wait to get back to the West....

If I was kicked out of Thailand or barred from going there.....my 3 choices would be Malaysia, Vietnam and Cambodia.....The last 2 dont have the infrastructure in place for mass tourism but they will both boom one day.

Yes I agree that Perth is a great place, I trained over in the west and lived on Aberdeen Rd in Northbridge, but alas it is now part of the city itself. Fond memories!

My favourite parts of the West are south of Perth, but I agree with you that the West is really nice. What are the house prices now on Jutlan (spelling?) Parade?

Jutland Parade.....Millionaires Row.....bloody expensive

Dont talk crap Ravisher, been in OZ back in the 60's so you think u know it huh! :o

Oz sucks, stay away, its horrible, you best to think of somewhere else to go other than OZ, go to New Zealand, its wonderful over there, all the stories of raining 364 days a year is a lie told to keep migrants away, dont be afraid of NZ'ers they dont rape sheep very often, you will be fine!

Reminds me of a joke, whats the biggest muscle in a sheep??????? a New Zealander!

An Irishman and a Kiwi were driving down a country road when the Kiwi suddenly slams the brakes on and pulls over to the side. Whats the matter? said Paddy, his mate replied,'look over there, theres a sheep with it's head stuck in the fence'. Whats that got to do with us? says Paddy. Come on yells his mate, I'll show you! So the Kiwi jumps outa the ute and runs down to the paddock, hops over the fence, drops his pants and has his way with the sheep.

After he's finished he yells out, c'mon Paddy its your turn! So paddy trots down to the paddock and comes up next to the sheep, drops his pants, gets down on his hands and knees and sticks his head through the fence!!

Moral of the story, dont for ##### sake move back to Ireland!! :D:D

I wont be going back to OZ. Here's why:

The Brisbane Sunday Courier Mail

I noticed they were ballooning back in the early nineties while I was in Rockingham, just down the road from Perth. I commented to the big sis about it and she said it's been gong on for a while. Fat Aussie birds :o

Here in Greece they aren't much thinner. A kilo of lamb, a whole loaf of bread, a pound Feta cheese on 'everything' (even on an English roast dinner I cooked for one of them) a pint of oil, a Pizza, a Mc Donalds and a Penny Lee per day... will do that to a body in a very short time. :D

Whats a PENNY LEE?

Well, if I were to leave, I would just move over the boarder to Cambodia.

Why, I can almost talk and Khmer, my wife is fluent, and well, can still visit the family.

Strangely, I was offered a job by a family member yeaterday from "Uncle in Immigration" no specific duty, but about 22,000 Baht a month and working for the government.

I told them I would think, but it is attractive since, I will be working close to home.

But if i were to leave Thailand I would choose the Philliphines! Great place and even easier than Thailand for a foreigner to settle down there.

:D you would make a huge mistake...

Please can anybody tell me why this would be a huge mistake???

Dodgy there, Lambous...surprised you never heard :o

I'm a Melbourne girl and would consider going back there, but Perth is the next best option if Melbourne wasn't a goer.

I would definitely choose Bali over Australia, though. I will always consider myself Australian, but can't see myself living there for the rest of my life. Nice place to visit, but I lived there for over 30 years, and that's enough (for now anyway).

Never say never.

I find it pretty interesting that a few of you would relocate to Cambodia or Vietnam, have things changed there in the last 2 years?

Where would you live in Cambodia? Phnom Penh ? The ugliest city in the world.

What would you do for work? Or would you spend your last days between the walkabout pub and sharkys? or maybe k11 :D:D

If you were going there to clear landmines or make artificial limbs I applaud you :D

Vietnam? communist government that listens into your phonecalls and you cannot drive due to fear of being aimed at every two minutes. The place is full of low lifes and misfit relics left over from the war. I hated the place on every occasion I had to be there.

Each to their own, I suppose, but Id rather be with a fat bird in Brisbane :o:D

I find it pretty interesting that a few of you would relocate to Cambodia or Vietnam, have things changed there in the last 2 years?

Where would you live in Cambodia? Phnom Penh ? The ugliest city in the world.

What would you do for work? Or would you spend your last days between the walkabout pub and sharkys? or maybe k11  :D  :D

If you were going there to clear landmines or make artificial limbs I applaud you  :D

Vietnam? communist government that listens into your phonecalls and you cannot drive due to fear of being aimed at every two minutes. The place is full of low lifes and misfit relics left over from the war. I hated the place on every occasion I had to be there.

Each to their own, I suppose, but Id rather be with a fat bird in Brisbane  :D  :D

Exactly Torn, at least she would keep you warm in the winter and act as a sun shade in the summer. :o