Spouse Visa Aus - Application Charge In Thai Baht

I looked at the Immigration website giving information on charges for the Spouse Visa to Aus. In Aus dollars it is $1420, but to pay here they want more than 45000 baht. It seems the conversion rate was set in July.

I have a credit card and I am thinking of trying to ring Aus and pay in Aus dollars using it. Has anyone tried this?

I looked at the Immigration website giving information on charges for the Spouse Visa to Aus. In Aus dollars it is $1420, but to pay here they want more than 45000 baht. It seems the conversion rate was set in July.

I have a credit card and I am thinking of trying to ring Aus and pay in Aus dollars using it. Has anyone tried this?

Redwine,

This exact issue was covered about 4 or 5 weeks ago on another Thai Visa post. Have a look at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Pricing-Poli...sa-t221533.html for more information.

You can pay the offshore application fee in Australia ($AUD) and attach the receipt to the application.

I will am currently back in Australia until the 15th of December and returning to Bangkok on the 17th. If you are experiencing any difficulties do not hesitate to contact me. Perhaps I can be of some assistance.

Regards

bridge

I am in Aus at the moment and when i rang DIAC they said I could pay by credit card over the phone and they would send me out a receipt to me. The only thing she said was it took a bit longer to get the receipt by mail tham coming into their office. I intend paying here also as the exchange is not real good and post it to my wife. Can't help you whether they would post the receipt to Thailand or not. Doubt would be too much work for them.

Good Luck

UPDATE

The DIAC have notified on their website that the new currency exchange conversions will take effect from the 1st of January 2009.

This will significantly reduce the cost in Thailand for offshore Australian visa applications.

Regards

bridge