Night Bazaar Etc

svenivan

Me and my wife had dinner at the Night Bazaar, the restaurant in front of the first stage. I have been there quite frequently the last 7 years and the food has always been good.

I don´t know what happened now. They have rebuilt and made the restaurant bigger but it seems that they have changed the chef too!

The food was not at all as good. We had 4 different dishes and none was delicious, just acceptable. One panaeng gai I had to send back two times, first time because it was not cooked, second time the sauce was gone and in the end, no good.

BUT the worst thing is coming now! They have rebuilt a lot the last 6-8 months, maybe to the better...

But what has happened with Reggie Bar??????

It is gone !!!!! :D

And what happened with my bottle of Sang Som I had in that bar?

I have no more words ......

:o:D:D

I have to agree, we were there early in the year and the food was cold when served and not the same as previous visits. When we complained we were told that if we didn't like it we should eat somewhere else. We will be up at Chang Rai in December and that wont be on our list of places to eat.

Wee Jimmy.

We only have eaten there (the wooden tabled area) when we have western visitors who only like falang pleasing Thai food, the last time I had Chicken cashew nut, no chilli in it at all, yuk! I'll never eat there again.

When we go to the Night Bazaar, not often, we go to the big yellow chaired area. However we feel the new developements have caused it to have lost some of the atmosphere of the old setup. Last evening

I saw there is a new Indian food stall there, but it only seems to sell vegetarian snacks, a pity as full Indian nosh would be popular, maybe we can suggest it to them. We often eat in the area around the HaYaak, lots of good cheap grub, and free of smoking tourists - better than the NBazaar in my opinion.

the reggae bar gone,good riddance,never liked it anyway and that fat bloke who ran it was drunk all the time,whats his name terry a right nutter who's been in thailand too long.

well thats your opinion

i have known tierry for over 20 years and always found him a really nice guy.

i know a lot of his customers and never heard a bad word said about him.

no doubt he will miss you

thierry is an allright fellow... never heard him say a bad word about anyone or talk gossip about anyone.... will miss the reggae bar...

Agree with what you say about him. Last visit must have been at least three years ago, so I don't know how things were recently.

I am not a reggae fan (revolution now ... eh ... let's smoke a joint first), but Thierry is a decent person.

We must understand that it isn't his fault that he is a frenchman.

Please realise, that this could have happened to all of us, so we should absolutely not blame him personally for that.

Soit!

Limbo :o

thierry is an allright fellow... never heard him say a bad word about anyone or talk gossip about anyone.... will miss the reggae bar...

Thiery is ok, the only frenchman i ever met that i liked.

Its not that Terry is french ohno not that,it is the reggae seedy bar that he owned worst place in the night bazaar by far and seeing all of those customers leaving at 6am most mornings on bikes and driving cars all over the road,a bar owner should be more responsible and have more cosideration,chiang rai is a safer place now.

You can't be serious luv, are you living in Thailand? Bringing out one farang owned bar amongst all the others that are run by Thais and saying that it's irresponsible to let the customers drive back home. That just sounds like a grudge to me. And among all the other bars in that area of the night bazaar a few years back, why is it only this guy you don't like.

By the way I liked the Indian stuff at the night bazaar, I didn't try the vegetarian burger but it looked nice. Nothing to complain about the prices as well.

I suspect that Thierry might open up a business in another spot in the future where authoritarian hassle will be less.

By the way I liked the Indian stuff at the night bazaar, I didn't try the vegetarian burger but it looked nice. Nothing to complain about the prices as well.

I suspect that Thierry might open up a business in another spot in the future where authoritarian hassle will be less.

And maybe with nicer customers then most of them here above

[And maybe with nicer customers then most of them here above]

I'd rather drink lao khow with chucky.

You can't be serious luv, are you living in Thailand? Bringing out one farang owned bar amongst all the others that are run by Thais and saying that it's irresponsible to let the customers drive back home. That just sounds like a grudge to me. And among all the other bars in that area of the night bazaar a few years back, why is it only this guy you don't like.

I am serious ski :o

the reggae bar gone,good riddance,never liked it anyway and that fat bloke who ran it was drunk all the time,whats his name terry a right nutter who's been in thailand too long.
Its not that Terry is french ohno not that,it is the reggae seedy bar that he owned worst place in the night bazaar by far and seeing all of those customers leaving at 6am most mornings on bikes and driving cars all over the road,a bar owner should be more responsible and have more cosideration,chiang rai is a safer place now.

Strange, never liked the bar, did not like Terry BUT still knows everything, even some late nights?

If I don´t like a bar, I don´t like the owner, I never go back there again.

So I start to think that luvwork must be Terry but Terry was not the guy that loved to work!

But my most important question has no answere, What is happening with my Sang som!

:D:o:D

• 1 month later...

As the latest I have heard Thierry will soon be opening a new place. Most of his old place is still kept in his house. So for those of you who had whiskey, you can be sure it is still there waiting for you. The location will not be far from the night bazar, very near top ten bar and the places next to there. So basicly you could be parking your motorbike the same place and walk from there :P:D:o:D:wai::D:D

As the latest I have heard Thierry will soon be opening a new place. Most of his old place is still kept in his house. So for those of you who had whiskey, you can be sure it is still there waiting for you. The location will not be far from the night bazar, very near top ten bar and the places next to there. So basicly you could be parking your motorbike the same place and walk from there :jerk: :D:o:D:wai::D:D

The place where P&M's Bar used to be before Michel past away :P ?

• 2 weeks later...