Book To Explain Western Men To Thai Women

farangnahrak

Thai Fever (or Thailand Fever) is supposed to be written so that the Thai female understands the Western male and vice versa. Never read it so no idea how successful it is.

Hi I have that book and its very very good. It covers many topics and is written with each individual page in both English and Thai. Thus making it good to read& understand together. The only place Iv seen it sold in LOS is at the Airport. Please bear in mind it also cover subjects like Bar Girls and prostitution.

Fully Recommended

Dave

Thai Fever (or Thailand Fever) is supposed to be written so that the Thai female understands the Western male and vice versa. Never read it so no idea how successful it is.

Hi I have that book and its very very good. It covers many topics and is written with each individual page in both English and Thai. Thus making it good to read& understand together. The only place Iv seen it sold in LOS is at the Airport. Please bear in mind it also cover subjects like Bar Girls and prostitution.

Fully Recommended

Dave

Agreed.

Fully Recommended

Dave

By far the best...

The only other title I can think of based on east meets west relationships, written in Thai and English, is by Christopher Moore. It's called "Heart Talk" or something like that. Never read it myself, but understand the book is designed so your partner and yourself can read it together (one page English, one thai). Sounds a bit crass to me, but might suit your needs.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Fully Recommended

Dave

By far the best...

Very useful book and very applicable to all Thai. Actually google and check out the website for this book so you can get a better idea of what it covers. www.thailandfever.com Good luck mate

Fully Recommended

Dave

Good book indeed . I got it and it is available in most tourist places at good book stores . Allthough it is a bit of black and white ( which we all know doesn't exist ) but it gives you as well as your Thai partner inside info how people in general feel inside their relationship.

Agreed, good book. But I found I really had to push hard to get the (then fiance/now wife) to read it. Thais really aren't into that kind of analytical and introspective stuff at all - it is a big yawn for them. But it is so very important that they are aware of some of the fundamental differences that exist.

more knowledge-less misunderstanding-less scope for conflict-happy days for all :o

also try and get her family - and your family - to read it too

- CB

The only other title I can think of based on east meets west relationships, written in Thai and English, is by Christopher Moore. It's called "Heart Talk" or something like that. Never read it myself, but understand the book is designed so your partner and yourself can read it together (one page English, one thai). Sounds a bit crass to me, but might suit your needs.

I think you're confusing it with Thai fever. Heart talk is not a book about relationships, it is basically a book with dictionary definitions of Thai expressions using the word 'jai' and is pretty much all in English.

Thailand Fever is a very good introductory book for cross cultural understanding.

But ....

Dont expect either party to really "get it" after one reading.

You need to live it here for the profound differences in thought and behavior

to begin to make sense [and sometimes it never does].

• 3 months later...

The biggest problem I see , is not how good or bad the book may be , no matter how good your intentions , first you have to get past the Thai "I know , I know " mentality , it reminds me somewhat of Pinochio , legs ablaze , BUt , no sense , no feeling . You are in THIER country as far as they are concerned , learn my culture , give me money or "I go long time " . It starts as soon as you enter the country , live with it or move to a more compatable country who will accept you for 'Who you are '

Good book. I showed it to an ex. Is why she is an ex. Thought she could gold dig. But that was well over a year ago.

Explains about your expenses back home and what she should expect here.

They forget we live 2 lives. One back home and one here and pay for both :o

Most women here expect YOU to pay. This book does explain why you should not. Does not always work though.

An ex once read one called something along the lines of "is your foreign parner a frog or a prince", it must have been quite interesting as whilst turning each and every page she was giving me the once over.. I think it was actually written by a foreigner but in Thai..

Anywayz, I think I turned out to be a frog, hence the "ex".. :o

Good book. I showed it to an ex. Is why she is an ex. Thought she could gold dig.

Buy the next one u want rid of the frog and prince book, she'll soon decide that any foreigner who's not an open cast mining operation is actually a frog... Tantrums, arguments, a boot in the rear end and finally the door will soon follow... :o

I read it a while back then passed it on to the girlfriend (now wife) I had to force her to read after finishing she said she understood that there are differences between nationalities and cross cultural marriages but we should try to work out our issues between us instead of using a book written by other people. I've never seen the book since she finshed reading it? not too many problems to date.

Fully Recommended

Dave

Read that. Gave it to an ex g/f to read. Made no difference to her, she is still an ex :o

Good book though. Explains also about how we alien foreign farangs have expenses back home too as well as how we look at relationships and other stuff.

Tells you how Thai ladies look at relationships as well.

I have read Thailand Fever about 5 times. It was very useful for me. My ex-wife read it once. She told me all the ways i had to change to fit into her culture and ignored all the ways she could have changed. Unless your wife/gf is fully open minded then the book will not be of much use in your relationship. As for getting the family to read it, the best of luck to anyone that tries!

Fully Recommended

Dave

By far the best...

There is also "Thai for Lovers" which although covering a lot of intimate activities also explains a lot of basic relationship parameters from both the western male and Thai female perspective. It is written in English and Thai with transliterations.