Search Engine Optimiser

Tornado

I have a SEO based in the US and pay an annual fee.

I am not happy with the current search engine placements I am getting and would like to know of any company/person who guarantees top 10 listings in google.

Edited by Tornado

Unfortunately, nobody can guarantee you a top 10 ranking in Google, and I'd suggest avoiding companies that claim otherwise. There is a lot of speculation about how Google's ranking process works, and Google provides some useful information about their ranking process that could help you improve it - like having quality sites link back to you, using meaningful text in your hyperlinks etc, but exactly how it works is not public. Google discourages attempts to manipulate rankings and attempts to do so can actually get your site bumped down or black holed.

Having said that, if you check out the information Google does provide you probably can get some benefit out of it.

Edited by Crushdepth

Personally don't use SEO companies - I go with the getting the design right, making it easy to use, relevant text in pages and never make the pages to graphics heavy.

Lots of meaningfull text.

A correctly built and designed web site should be good for most engines. The only way to get in top 10 on google guarenteed is to use Pay for position/click - which can work for a while, but can also get expensive if the site doesnt have a high profit margin, and high turnover

K

Thanks for the info guys.

I would disagree a little regarding "A correctly built and designed web site should be good for most engines.". This used to be the case, but now google is not "set up" that way. I am number one on many search engines and I already do pay per click and receive thousands of hits per month.

The reason I want another SEO is to become number one on google and beat my best mate as he wont tell me who he uses :o

Another SEO I contacted has many top ten google sites, but he has a client already within the same field as I and it would not be ethical (I liked that response actually) for him to do it.

Anyone else using a great SEO with proven results?

I do a lot of practice searches (like 'Asian recipes') trying to locate my page returns. For those in higher positions, I compare the highlighted returns for any clues as to why their page is ranked higher. Even the page url name helps your rankings. Page Title seems to be the most important, and it shouldn't be too long. I've heard of some tricks like creating a false front for search bots, but I don't know if they really help you, or hurt you.

It's a tough game to get higher search engine returns. Time does make a big difference, for sure. So many sites come and go, so you're bound to get more visits and better rankings at some point. I can't imagine how these companies can guarantee one higher ratings in search engines except by some form of slight of hand...

I think it's also intresting to see what sites have your link. All the search engines can show you all the sites that link to you. And, of course, more links help your traffic, and your ratings...

Onward through the fog :o

The only way to get in top 10 on google guarenteed is to use Pay for position/click

The only commercial clicks on google that I see are set to the side, not confusing the search returns.. My sites are number one in competitive categories, but I've never paid anything.. Maybe running google ads makes some difference?

Edited by Ajarn

hi' my 2B here ...

keywords and meta name have to reflect the page and keywords have to be found on the page, I noticed that it works better.

useless to put too many keywords, but put important ones as title of page and/or chapter in the page, a lot of search engine are based on this kind of searching, something like: title of the page, keywords, page-headers names, and content, so I guess that everything have to match as close as possible.

take a look at some page code, and notice the way keywords are setup, take a look at a lot of them, you'll see common things.

francois