Chiangmai Toy Ride

Hog Head

A reminder for the Chiangmai Toy Ride Jan 4th, in aid of needy children. This years ride departs from Tesco on the Superhighway and is a parade around CM city, ending up at the X-Centre in Mae Rim. Details are on our website.

www.chiangmaitoyride.com

Members of the organizing committee will be donating toys to sick kids in the hospital Dec 24th afternoon, and we hope to have TV (television not ThaiVisa) coverage of this and the main Jan 4th ride event on NBT.

Bikes and Bikers of all sizes are welcome on the ride and we hope to see you at this worthwhile event. If you don't ride, drop off a toy at one of our Committee members businesses - Richco Motorsports, Tuskers, or the X-Centre

I will try my hardest to attend!

The best toy shop i know of is the one located just down the road from Loi Kro road... go past entrance to Loi kro (one way) -- take the next left at the corner of the moat.. a few meters down on left is a furry toy shop..

seen here on my map as the red icon (i must get around to fixing the website one of these days, yawn): link: red-stars.png

lat: 18.781181524550465

lon: 98.99329125881195

Edited by SomNamNah

Good shop, and I bought a jammed full truckload there last year on behalf of the ToyRide Committee.

While they have a load of stuffed toys, there will be children of all ages and educational toys, games, footballs, badminton, dolls, colouring books, puzzles, etc are also greatly appreciated on the main Jan 4th ride day. We are bringing 100 orphaned kids this day and besides a toy for each kid, we will be providing them with lunch, ice cream, clown, magician, and games. Adult music and refreshments are available for those so inclined.

Last year was the first for this event and we had about 200 bikes, and expecting double that this year. 400 bikes @ an average of 2 toys per bike = 800+ kids helped that need a break in life. We need your participation to make this a success, so please pass on the word to your riding buddies. All bikes are welcome from Aprillas to Zundapps

Childrens day is the next weekend and interested riders are welcome to come on a ride to Samong to participate in giving away some of the toys collected on Jan 4th ride day to local hill tribe kids living under the radar.

I will post details later.