Train To Samui

bomber

I want to take the train to koh samui on jan 1st,i persume they will be running,will i have to leave the train at chumphon or surat thani,and take a bus to the ferry.

Assuming that you will go from Hua Hin as you post in this forum i would take the Lomprayah bus to Chumphon and then the ferry over Koh Tao to Samui (ticket was 850 baht one way) because it saves you a lot of time and is far more comfortable as the train to Surat Thani is a pain in the ass and very very slow. Tickets you get at all travel agencies in Hua Hin and they start from Ayudhya Bank at the crossing opposite Tessabaan.

Nothing wrong with the train...leaves Hua Hin about 11:30 PM...gets into Surat thani around 6:00 AM ..bus to Samui across the street from rr station...get a second class sleeper on the train,wake up fresh and arrive in Samui around 9:00 AM ...the boat is great when weather is good but can be awfully rough sometimes...lots of seasick people ...not pleasant......I have taken both a few times and much prefer the train....if the bar car is open it`s worth spending a few baht in

Nothing wrong with the train...leaves Hua Hin about 11:30 PM...gets into Surat thani around 6:00 AM ..bus to Samui across the street from rr station...get a second class sleeper on the train,wake up fresh and arrive in Samui around 9:00 AM ...the boat is great when weather is good but can be awfully rough sometimes...lots of seasick people ...not pleasant......I have taken both a few times and much prefer the train....if the bar car is open it`s worth spending a few baht in

thanks for your help,but i wad want to leave hh on the morning to arrive in samui for evening as my rooms are already booked.Can this be done?

I dont thik it can be done the way you want to do it. The ferries leave at 0800 and the afternoon Lomprayah at 1pm. The only way to do it as said get the train the night before and get the morning ferry. You then arrive in Samui around 1130 in the morning. I would opt for the Seatran ferry over the Lomprayah as its a far better boat, especially in rough weather, and the staff are a lot more helpful. Chumphon is a great little town. You could get the train down one day, stay the night and ferry the next.

I lived in HH for about 8 months then found Chumphon. A lot nicer beaches, good diving and far cheaper to live. :o