Satellite Dishes & Abc Asia Pacific Tv

goodpoint

I would like to receive ABC Asia Pacific TV.

I live in the Aree area of Bangkok. So far, I have not found any cable outfits that provide this TV channel to or in this area. If anyone knows differently I and some others would love to know who the companies are.

If not, what are the set-up costs and advantages and negatives of installing a dish on the roof? I am informed that I need a 3 metre dish to receive PAS2 satellite.

Do you think it may get other channels too?

So far I have run into a series of dead ends. So any advice that can point me forward will be great.

Edited by goodpoint

Hi

You just need a dish (8 foot dish), a receiver and a C Band LNB pointing at PAS 8 (166° E) - a stronger signal than Pas 2 (169°E) - http://www.lyngsat.com/pas8.html) to receive ABC

On this satellite you will also get BBC, Music and film channels.

I live in Buriram province and I have an 8 foot moveable dish with both C band and Ku band LNB's. A receiver (with built in positioner)

Costs were:

8 foot Moveable dish : 3600

18" Actuator Motor : 1400

Receiver with positioner : 7000

2 LNB's and Diseq switch : 3000

Cable (35 baht per metre) (cable has 4 wires connected to motor and the RG6 cable to the LNB's)

So you can see the kit is very cheap. I set it up myself with the assistance from a local PSI sat installer. Then cancelled my UBC subscription!

I purchased my kit from http://www.satthai.net who were helpful. They will install in the Bangkok area.

You could also look at www.jsat.tv - a business run by a Farang. An informative website but their prices are a lot higher than the local Thai firms.

Also unless you live in Bangkok (I see that they are also expanding to Pattaya) they are not interested and do not even reply to emails anymore, so I no longer can recommend them.

You could also look at www.jsat.tv - a business run by a Farang. An informative website but their prices are a lot higher than the local Thai firms.

Also unless you live in Bangkok (I see that they are also expanding to Pattaya) they are not interested and do not even reply to emails anymore, so I no longer can recommend them.

Yes, use the jsat site for info, but they charge twice as much because they sell to farang - just like the local taxi-drivers. :o

Asked around locally and you'll get a much better deal !

croftrobin .... you said ...

Then cancelled my UBC subscription!

Did you give up any channels this way ?

You get HBO, Cinimax and Star Movies ?

You get ESPN, Supersport, Star Sport and SSGold ?

You get CNN, BBC, History, Nat Geog, and Animal Planet ??

Are they on this one satellite or do you rotate the antenna for different

channels ??

Thanks