Scuba Diving And Snorkelling

veevee1904

Hi, Me and my husband are visiting Phuket for 3 days in January and would like to do some snorkeling and scuba diving. We haven't done the same before and were wondering if 3 days in Phuket would be enough to do snorkeling as well as scuba diving.

Could anyone suggest a good and reliable tour company for the same?

Hi,

My gf and myself are looking to do the same thing in January as well. Last year, I did a discover scuba program in Patong and want to do it again on a budget. Currently, I'm looking for promotions and deals and ran into this that might be of interest. Also, there's some hotel bargains on latestays.com

Hope that helps.

If anyone else know some good deals, please post. Thanks!

http://blog.dive-the-world.com/2008/07/fre...ub-andaman.html

I would recommend to book directly with the dive shop and not a 3rd party broker such as Latestays because they are ONLY the broker.

I would also recommend Phuket Scuba Club as the owners are always on site.

Also they have 2 shops one directly on Karon beach and one just opposite the Boathouse on Kata Beach.

This makes beach dives very easy also if anyone is interested in a half day beach dive. I did a beach dive to Karon Rock (20m) and was pleased with the service and shop.

For certification they offer a choice of both Padi and SSI and can explain the difference. Also the instructors they have are very experienced.

Good luck and enjoy the course. The conditions are great right now..

With 3 days you can do snorkeing and Scuba diving if you don't want a full certification.

I would recommend to Contact Phuket Scuba Club directly as they are very familiar with the house reefs in Kata Karon..

Be careful with paying by credit card and your valubles. Some Dive companies on Phuket have x bar girls/prostitutes working for them as they have become girlfriend to instuctors/owners etc...cant name them but just be very very cautious with personal belongings

Be careful with paying by credit card and your valubles. Some Dive companies on Phuket have x bar girls/prostitutes working for them as they have become girlfriend to instuctors/owners etc...cant name them but just be very very cautious with personal belongings

what???

so if you have personal experience of said ex bar girl stealing things at a dive shop then name and shame

don't just get the broad brush out - you could lump half the females into patong as ex one thing or another

plenty of light fingered farangs around as well come to that

anyway, back to the actual topic - Dive The World offer excellent service, Phuket Scuba Club as mentioned earlier are very well regarded as well and Sunrise Diving in Kata (not Patong) also offer excellent advice

Not only are they good for your budget but they are the only company on the island which can give so much flexibility!

You could do a 2 days 1 night liveaboard or 3 days 2 nights liveaboard.

There are more than one options offering the same.

As a former instructor in the Similans with 1500 dives just there, and with NO VESTED INTEREST in ANY DIVE SHOP I would never recommend a liveaboard trip with divers to do snorkeling and a 1 night liveaboard trip.

Sure if you want to spend over 1.5 hours driving to the pier and then another 3 hours on a transfer boat or 1.5 hours on a bumpy speed boat to be ushered onto a dive boat with 30+ more divers and do 3 dives and then the next morning 3 more dives and then the same long journey back while the only time the snorkeler can snorkel is during the lunch break when the dive boat is not picking up divers, dropping off divers or cruising to the next dive site then sure do a 1 night trip in the Similans!

However if you want to relax and stay in your hotel then beach dives off Kata and Karon are idea and better priced too!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I really don't want to start any my divemaster is better thread, but looking for possible suggestions for the week.

My girlfriend and I just arrived into Kata Beach and I want her to experience scuba diving thru the discover scuba program. Hoping to get her hooked because I've been talking about it for the whole year. Anyway, I've already dived in Phi Phi, which was beautiful and want to experience it with her.

Could anyone please PM some suggestions for discover scuba program to phi phi or similian island that I can present to her. I would truly appreciate it and buy you some beer at Nakita's or something. Or any possible suggestions as well. Thanks! I'm hoping to make this trip memorable and want to take her here again.