1 Year Visa

gymboxgirl

Hello,

I saw an advert for a BKK kickboxing gym that advertised that if you studied muay thai there you could qualify for a 1 yr visa.

Does anyone know if that is true/correct? If it is, does anyone know the formatlities of it?

Which gyms offer the course? Is there one in Chiang Mai? How many hours you must put in? Etc.

The other option, as far as I know, for a 1 year visa, is to study Thai language course.

Has anyone out there done this? What hours do you have to study in order to qualify for the visa?

What language school in Chiang Mai offers those courses?

Thanks,

gbxg

an obvious choice would be Buddhism.i am sure with a little research you'll find a course a lot cheaper than the let's say text and talk option for tefl or tesl ,which i did and stupidly paid a thousand $ us for while others showed up at the course right at the beginning,a little undecided,and negotiated the price down,it's thailand after all,to 2/3 of that,plus the visa of course.which you get at a later date.in any case to get the one year visa you have to be out of the country somewhere as far as i know....