Thai Wife Residency Organizing Poll

What part of Thailand do you live in?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m not sure what happens when a topic with a poll is merged with another topic. Perhaps better not try it.

An alternative would be to move all posts but the OP in this topic into the other topic, but this would soon make this topic disappear from the front page of the visa forum. I believe a new vote on the poll do not bump the topic.

--

Maestro

i think the poll should have the actual province names.

which have set geographical boundaries

and familiar names

These are the major population centers, I think.

Most people would be able to identify the city that is closest to the area they live in. I Think.

At this time, only a general location guide is necessary. I think.

I think, therefore, I am.

CS

i think the poll should have the actual province names.

which have set geographical boundaries

and familiar names

These are the major population centers, I think.

Most people would be able to identify the city that is closest to the area they live in. I Think.

At this time, only a general location guide is necessary. I think.

I think, therefore, I am.

CS

I voted Korat but that covers the central more than the NE. Some people don't consider it to be part of Isaan.

Korat is a long way from Ubon.

Those in Korat are a quick drive down #2 to Bangkok. For my area of Isaan I would say Surin would be a good location. Khoen Khen for the remainder.

Edited by ubonjoe

I edited the poll to add a section for voicing support. Members who have already filled in the poll to denote their area of residence unfortunately won't be able to respond to the added question, but all members that haven't already participated in the poll will be able to answer in both sections.

However if someone wants to collect votes on the second part from members who have already made a selection in the first part, we can add the appropriate number of votes to the second part.

OP, if you don't approve of the addition, just let me know and I can remove it.

Apologies to everyone, and especially the OP. When I edited to add my own vote of support, all other responses went to zero! If anyone can remember the last scores for all the categories, we can enter them manually. The other option is to start a new poll. My sincerest apologies :o

Unfortunatly of the deleted results of the poll. I believe there were at least 40 votes.

On the added question, I disaprove of the question as it is formulated. I would just ask if people support a move to have immigration rules equaly applied to man and woman married to a Thai national. Thai nationality is not at issue at the moment, immigration rules are. Secondly, we want to bring the problem to the attention of the Thai lawmaker. Legal action is only a last resort, if other options fail.

Unfortunatly of the deleted results of the poll. I believe there were at least 40 votes.

On the added question, I disaprove of the question as it is formulated. I would just ask if people support a move to have immigration rules equaly applied to man and woman married to a Thai national. Thai nationality is not at issue at the moment, immigration rules are. Secondly, we want to bring the problem to the attention of the Thai lawmaker. Legal action is only a last resort, if other options fail.

Actually.. there were at least 45 responses... Unfortunately, I refreshed the page before I knew there was a problem and didn't record the Exact distribution numbers.

I agree that the Issue, must NOT be made about Nationality at this time... We MUST stick to the easier and more correct issue of Gender equality in the application of any Immigration rules. Besides, not all Foreign husbands want Thai nationality at this time, or even anytime...

The ONE Thing that we can all agree on, and that is harder for the Thai government to argue against, is the right for families to stay together.

In any other country, once a marriage has been recognized, and the residency requirements have been satisfied, "Permanent Residency" status is granted... and after 5 years, this Status is even nonrevokable, even if the marriage falls apart. This is enough for most of us.

Not having to jump through hoops would satisfy most of us. BUT, before we can push for the rights that would apply to a Thai wife in another country, It will probably be necessary to settle for simply the rights that are given to a Thai Husband in Thailand being equaly applied to a Thai wife.... Baby Steps... Baby Steps.

Please change your Poll question accordingly.

Or maybe a new thread should be started using a Different Question entirely.

This poll was started to to have some idea of General interest, and geographic distribution of the voters in the hopes of organizing meetings.

I will send a PM to Sabaijai about this.

CS

I've suggested to CosmicSurfer that he start a new poll in a new thread, with the support question phrased in the way he suggested it. I will then merge all the posts from this thread into the new poll thread.

Again, sorry about losing all the votes. I realize now that that is a safeguard built into the system to prevent anyone (mod or admin) from tampering with votes. The minute you change one figure, the whole poll resets.

I've suggested to CosmicSurfer that he start a new poll in a new thread, with the support question phrased in the way he suggested it. I will then merge all the posts from this thread into the new poll thread.

Again, sorry about losing all the votes. I realize now that that is a safeguard built into the system to prevent anyone (mod or admin) from tampering with votes. The minute you change one figure, the whole poll resets.

When you do the merge it would be good to include this one.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Class-Action...at-t227610.html