Looking To Buy Weights

tomahawk

You can buy in Kad Son Kow, shopping center, sport shop at top. metal weightd...just dumbells, havent been able to find a bar here though.

You could buy my dumbells, but that would mean shelving my get fit plans that might one day, perhaps, spring back into action.... :o

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. Almost time for new year resolutions, so maybe you can make one to start using your dumbbells. I didn't get motivated myself until I ended up in Theppanay Hospital, so now I go to gym most every day, but it is not so convenient to get to.

I often scan the online classifieds and I did see a weight set advertised in the last week or so (in Chiang Mai). Quite a few weights I recall and I think it was part of a leaving thailand-type household sale. Can't remember where but it probably have been either citylife web site or december magazine, thaivisa classifieds, chiang mai mail web site or bahtsold. happy hunting

where did you find the straight bar please? how much.

looked at my dumbells and did 2 curls.

its a start. I need to knock off the clay wasps nest they have build on the side first... maybe next month!

the sport shop in the central department store, the sport shop in kad suan kaew, on the second floor, and carrefour all have weights with straight bars.

I recently bought some dumbells (handweights) at the sports shop on the second floor of KSK, in the back neither reaches of the mall. I, too, was amazed at the price for weights and a proper bench. Fortunately, I don't need very heavy weights, but I couldn't see paying more than 4000-5000 for a bench, especially since I didn't need a weight stand. They finally got the message and found an abbomenal contraption they could modify and turn into a bench. It doesn't look like it could handle hundreds of pounds, but I'm just a medium-sized woman using some lightweight handweights. Still, I miss my weight set and bench that I sold for a song at a garage sale in the U.S.

The good news is they delivered all the stuff (handweights, bench plus exercise ball and mat) to my condo and set it up. That's a big help since I don't have a vehicle.

Thanks for info. I checked carrefours but weights are too small. I go to gym now which has faily good free weights though dumbbells only go up to 50 pounds. I figure weights good thing to buy second hand as they don't wear out. New ones seem pretty expensive from what people say here. Benches I have seen for sale here aren't able to support much weight. I made my own squat racks before with lead pipe. Maybe I will do that here if I can find the weights. Somnahnah dont give up. You took first step. Maybe three curls next time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...